Daniel Alfredsson III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i don't know how many people would have been enthused if he was given the contract he wanted, and was injured as he has been this year with our team.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
i don't know how many people would have been enthused if he was given the contract he wanted, and was injured as he has been this year with our team.

If they still made the Ryan deal, we would have more wins this season.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Realistically, he was such a heart and soul player for so long that we shouldn't be surprised this season was a let-down. Let's hope the Alfie hangover only lasts one year.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Hope he lifts the cup someday. At the end of this season I can admit now that Alfie was right...

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I still don't know about the whole Alfie thing. He is an amazing player and clearly could have helped our team. However, we had to deal with life after Alfie either this year or next. It is also not as though he would have made us a contender.

I suppose we could have squeaked into the playoffs and been smoked by a good team, but then we would be facing all of these same issues next year.

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
i blame alfie for the phillips contract; therefore, i hope the red wings miss the playoffs or get swept in the 1st round.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I still don't know about the whole Alfie thing. He is an amazing player and clearly could have helped our team. However, we had to deal with life after Alfie either this year or next. It is also not as though he would have made us a contender.

I suppose we could have squeaked into the playoffs and been smoked by a good team, but then we would be facing all of these same issues next year.

Yep, realistically we don't have a shot at the Cup for another few years.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Why is this on the senators board?

Should I make a player discussion thread about chara or hossa or heatley?

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
If Hasek doesn't get hurt we have 1-2 cups with Heatley playing a big role. The Heatley trade was fine at the time and could have put us over the top if not for Hasek's injury.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Question, if Karlsson had to look Alfie in the eyes day in, day out, would he be still be not giving a crap defensively the way he's doing it right now?

Not at all. Karlsson seems disinterested and unhappy. Seems like its ages ago since he actually celebrated during a goal.

He looked happy and gave 150% during the olympics and I think that had alot to do with Alfie being there. I think he misses Alfie alot and the divorce has taken its toll on him which has affected his game.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Not at all. Karlsson seems disinterested and unhappy. Seems like its ages ago since he actually celebrated during a goal.

He looked happy and gave 150% during the olympics and I think that had alot to do with Alfie being there. I think he misses Alfie alot and the divorce has taken its toll on him which has affected his game.

I wish someone paid me $6.5 million so I could mope around like some angst-ridden emo kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad