Trade: D'Angelo Russell (4 years, $117 million), Treveon Graham, and Shabazz Napier to the Warriors

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
So Warriors sent nothing for him and received nothing for iggy and a 1st? Am I missing something or are you allowed to not give something back in a trade

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how does this make any sense when klay comes back?

and i don't get why the nets helped the warriors out here

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
So Warriors sent nothing for him and received nothing for iggy and a 1st? Am I missing something or are you allowed to not give something back in a trade
I believe it's a sign and trade for Durant. Iggy is probably for futures....aka some g-league player down the line, but not exactly sure.

Houston ran a 3 guard lineup for most of last season. Portland started doing it as well, modern NBA for you

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wow. Strange fit with the Warriors once Klay is healthy but it's a great move to get something back for Durant. They could always trade Russell later if the fit isn't good.

Poor KAT and the Wolves fans who thought they had Russell.

Guessing they'll go small and move Klay to SF. Thats really the only option.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It will be interesting to see how they operate when all three are on the floor. Klay will obviously be SF and move a lot away from the ball through screens, but it will be interesting to seewho will be the primary play-maker. It might make sense to give the ball to Russell so that he can slash and make the D collapse and feed the other two. This will impact Dray's involvement in the offense though.

Reactions: Voight and Avs_19

serp

Jan 17, 2016

They helped Russell not the Warriors. Russell wanted to go there to the Warriors and the Nets did Russell a solid by facilitating this deal. This is about keeping a good relationship between the team the player and his agent. Not like this hurts the Nets in any way since its the Warriors .

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Warriors will ship him out after 1 year to get someone that fits better once klay is back,I imagine. Very nice job by the gsw.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I have a feeling he'll be traded again, for smaller pieces to replenish the team's depth. I wonder what Minnesota would offer up for him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They helped Russell not the Warriors. Russell wanted to go there to the Warriors and the Nets did Russell a solid by facilitating this deal. This is about keeping a good relationship between the team the player and his agent. Not like this hurts the Nets in any way since its the Warriors .

Apparently the Nets are also getting a protected first-round pick out of the sign-and-trade, so that's something.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't mind the trade. I think there's all these trade talks but the kids only 23, could very well be their next big star to build around. Obviously its a weird situation with Klay coming back but maybe they try some different looks. If he gels well with the team then maybe they keep him, if not a 23 year old with 3 years left on his deal is a nice asset to have for possible trades.

They signed Looney too, I think they'll be alright next year, I think they make playoffs next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad