NFL: Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff? They gone

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
About time. Quinn should have been fired last year. Actually both should have been gone after they blew a 28-3 lead.

I think Arthur Blank was giving him a bit more leeway to redeem himself, unfortunately it’s 4 years too late.

Dan Quinn was hired with his defensive mindset, the Falcons defense outside of 2016 was horrible.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
BOUT TIME!

K...Armchair GM time. I'll assume the Falcons are in the top-5 at the draft. I'd trade Ryan (Dallas?) and Julio for picks and draft our new franchise QB. Ridley would be a great #1 and I'd plan on using one of the picks on a WR.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
BOUT TIME!

K...Armchair GM time. I'll assume the Falcons are in the top-5 at the draft. I'd trade Ryan (Dallas?) and Julio for picks and draft our new franchise QB. Ridley would be a great #1 and I'd plan on using one of the picks on a WR.

As a recovering Falcons fan, I honestly think that Dalton is going to win in Dallas. It's not going to be him necessarily, but life works in weird ways. It would be totally unfair to Dak to play better than Dalton, but somehow the Cowboys do better. It's 2020.....weird things don't stop happening.

I'd love it if Dalton, the guy who is 0-4 in the playoffs, "gets" the Cowboys deep in the playoffs despite total game manager numbers, Dak loses tens of millions but moves on to Atlanta where he turns the franchise around and cashes in 1 year later and Dalton signs for big money in Dallas and then does Andy Dalton things and gets benched.

Matt Ryan...Boston College.....Pats?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As a recovering Falcons fan, I honestly think that Dalton is going to win in Dallas. It's not going to be him necessarily, but life works in weird ways. It would be totally unfair to Dak to play better than Dalton, but somehow the Cowboys do better. It's 2020.....weird things don't stop happening.

I'd love it if Dalton, the guy who is 0-4 in the playoffs, "gets" the Cowboys deep in the playoffs despite total game manager numbers, Dak loses tens of millions but moves on to Atlanta where he turns the franchise around and cashes in 1 year later and Dalton signs for big money in Dallas and then does Andy Dalton things and gets benched.

Maybe a reunion in SF with Shanny?

member 157595

As a recovering Bengals fan, I'll talk you through the stages:
1) You are so mad at your team that you actively wish harm on them
2) You decide the organization is so pathetic that you either actively or passively ignore them
3) You feel weird not having a favorite team and wonder if you could ever get into it again
4) You get back into it with no expectations, knowing your organization will forever let you down if you ever start caring too much but you feel OK since you realize it's just a game

@mulli25 was right when he called me out a year or so ago when I bitterly rambled on about how much I supposedly hate a team I followed religiously for 30 years. I'm at Stage #3 but I'd be lying to you if I said that I wouldn't pay serious attention if things changed around in the front office. I'm not holding my breath but a VERY little, delusional, child part of me still has some sort of, well, hope, I guess?

...If Andy Dalton leads the Dallas f***ing Cowboys to a playoff win after what we went through in Cincinnati I'm going to burn this league to the ground.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As a recovering Bengals fan, I'll talk you through the stages:
1) You are so mad at your team that you actively wish harm on them
2) You decide the organization is so pathetic that you either actively or passively ignore them
3) You feel weird not having a favorite team and wonder if you could ever get into it again
4) You get back into it with no expectations, knowing your organization will forever let you down if you ever start caring too much but you feel OK since you realize it's just a game

I think I skipped most of step 1, but given all the times the Falcons shoot themselves in the foot, I don't have to wish harm on them. I just....watch.

I am only on week 3 of this, but I really don't care if they win or lose, except Ryan is my QB for my $$$ league. As soon as I decided to be neutral with the Falcons, he's been udder crap. Because of course he would be.

member 157595

I think I skipped most of step 1, but given all the times the Falcons shoot themselves in the foot, I don't have to wish harm on them. I just....watch.

I am only on week 3 of this, but I really don't care if they win or lose, except Ryan is my QB for my $$$ league. As soon as I decided to be neutral with the Falcons, he's been udder crap. Because of course he would be.

Perhaps you are less vindictive than I am. I have an awful lot of anger to go around and childhood me will never truly forgive Mike Brown for ruining his father's creation. If you're already on apathy you're coping better than you realize.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Perhaps you are less vindictive than I am. I have an awful lot of anger to go around and childhood me will never truly forgive Mike Brown for ruining his father's creation. If you're already on apathy you're coping better than you realize.

The pain of the Super Bowl loss to New England will never go away. I can tell you that. :)

member 157595

The pain of the Super Bowl loss to New England will never go away. I can tell you that. :)

I can still picture Joe Montana throwing that touchdown to John Taylor in the left side of the end zone with less than 40 seconds left in Super Bowl XXIII as if it happened yesterday. I was 7 years old. Football fans have long memories, for better or worse.

I don't want to derail the thread any longer so I'll wish you the best. I know where you're coming from and I sympathize.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad