NFL: Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff? They gone

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’ll get Matt Ryan and Julio on notice that their time there may be in the end stage.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Dimitroff worked for Pats before he took over as Falcons GM.

So at the very least Patriots GM tree looks better than the coaching tree.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Dimitroff will get another shot somewhere.
He's a decent enough GM considering the mess he inherited way back when

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's amazing he ended up staying for nearly 3 AND A HALF SEASONS following 28-3.

It's amazing how that twenty-minute period changed the lives and legacies of all involved. Quinn and Dimitroff probably have extensions by now if they bring a SB to Atlanta for the only time in fifty years, Matt Ryan might be a sure HOF'er (especially if he won the SB MVP) but now they're all just afterthoughts in history.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's amazing how that twenty-minute period changed the lives and legacies of all involved. Quinn and Dimitroff probably have extensions by now if they bring a SB to Atlanta for the only time in fifty years, Matt Ryan might be a sure HOF'er (especially if he won the SB MVP) but now they're all just afterthoughts in history.
A few bad decisions cost them.

Freeman missing the block on Hightower that caused a fumble thus giving NE 40 yards less to go.

first and 10 at the NE 23 and ATL can’t even attempt a FG. Have to be thinking after the holding call to secure a FG attempt and make it a 2 score game basically forcing NE to get an onside kick which has a 10% chance of happening.

Quinn will likely go be a DC again. Won’t get a HC job anytime soon. Would need to turn a Defence around first to get a shot again.

GM will get another shot somewhere. Now Atl in the running for the top pick?

Lawrence is from Georgia so would be a great fit for him.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Matt Ryan I believe will go into the Hall of Fame down the road when it’s all said and done. He’s put up the numbers and stats to back his claim plus his MVP. Yes that Super Bowl lose does sting and put a damper on his resume but Julio Jones was in that same Super Bowl and he’s already HOF bound.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So many things had to go wrong for them when they were up 28-3, and they all did. That was their apex, and as I wrote at the time on this forum he and Ryan would never be that close again. Now they need to move on from Ryan.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They are going to end up with the 1st pick and 3rs, $75 million and $83 million in dead cap space left in Matt Ryan.

.....I gave 30 years of fandom to this team. I just don't care about them anymore.

Good luck.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Matt Ryan is not going anywhere in the foreseeable future and he can still play at a high enough level to make a playoff run on a good team. Of course he can't carry a circus like what has been ongoing since 2018, but very few players can.

I think if they got first pick you just have to go Lawrence but I also wonder what kind of haul they could get in a draft day deal

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Matt Ryan is not going anywhere in the foreseeable future and he can still play at a high enough level to make a playoff run on a good team. Of course he can't carry a circus like what has been ongoing since 2018, but very few players can.

I think if they got first pick you just have to go Lawrence but I also wonder what kind of haul they could get in a draft day deal
Matt Ryan is 35 going on 36. He would be 40 once Lawrence completes his rookie deal at age 25.
Looks like $50 mill in dead cap if they move off Ryan at the end of the season be it trade or cutting him. They may end up better off with him on the roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The thing I remember most or maybe the only thing I remember about Raheem Morris when he was head coach of the Bucs, was in a game against the Falcons at home (this is 2010), he challenged the spot on the opening drive - twice. Commentator said "this tells you how important Raheem Morris thinks this first drive is" which just seems completely unhinged to think about.

At any rate, he lost both challenges 4 minutes into the game, the Falcons did punt, Tampa then went 3-and-out the Falcons scored, but were later down 24-14 late and came back to won on the strength of a long kick return TD. It was insane to agonize over something so irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad