Dan Hamhuis - Will test FA; "We're still working through things, so we'll see"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Have to think all of this adds up and prominent UFA's decide to avoid signing with Vancouver.

Not much for wasting time using the search function, but I'd bet this is year 10 of you posting this in June. Then in those years we don't sign any prominent UFAs (when there are 30 teams looking at 4-5 guys) you can claim to have known.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Not much for wasting time using the search function, but I'd bet this is year 10 of you posting this in June. Then in those years we don't sign any prominent UFAs (when there are 30 teams looking at 4-5 guys) you can claim to have known.

This was pretty funny actually.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I'll always remember him for his terrible turnover against the Kings in OT when Stoll went top shelf on schneids.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

And then if we do sign a prominent UFA, there will just be complaints of signing that said prominent UFA when we should be rebuilding.

It really doesn't matter who is GM, I don't think he will ever be happy. I look forward to year 11 of that post though. :laugh:

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
And then if we do sign a prominent UFA, there will just be complaints of signing that said prominent UFA when we should be rebuilding.

It really doesn't matter who is GM, I don't think he will ever be happy. I look forward to year 11 of that post though. :laugh:

Bingo, unless they do hire him.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Sure, I'd like to bring him back but if he were to sign here, I wouldn't want him longer than 2 years. Anything longer and we'd be taking significant risk. He's put a lot of miles on his body playing on the west coast.

Undoubtedly, Hamhuis is looking for a contract longer than 2 years, probably 4+ years. On that term, it would be a big pass from me.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Benning could pull the trigger on a deal for Sbisa, he might actually be able to afford to bring Hammer back...frankly if it was a choice between the two, it would be a no-brainer...thought Hammer and Tryamkin were a reasonably effective pairing at the end of last season.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
If Benning could pull the trigger on a deal for Sbisa, he might actually be able to afford to bring Hammer back...frankly if it was a choice between the two, it would be a no-brainer...thought Hammer and Tryamkin were a reasonably effective pairing at the end of last season.

I think they'd be better off offering the money to Ehrhoff/Michael-liles/Wisniewski/Campbell to be honest. I like Hammer but the team really needs help on the power play.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I'll always remember him for his terrible turnover against the Kings in OT when Stoll went top shelf on schneids.

Just like I'll always remember Weber for stupidly playing the Flames onside with his terrible pass directly to a Flame with a minute and a half to go in game 1 of the 2014 playoffs leading to their late winner.

The difference being, that's all I'll remember Weber for. I'll still have a lot of other great memories of Hamhuis.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hamhuis the last month of the season was great, but unless Sbisa or edler are dealt there is no room for him, now if they could deal edler or Sbisa I'd love to keep him.

There is definitely room for him. Every single year we run into injuries on the backend and then all of a sudden Sbisa is in our top 4 when he really should be our #8.

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Hamhuis-Tryamkin
Larsen
Sbisa

Olli Juolevi

Jun 25, 2016
Hamburg, Germany
There is definitely room for him. Every single year we run into injuries on the backend and then all of a sudden Sbisa is in our top 4 when he really should be our #8.

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Gudbranson
Hamhuis-Tryamkin
Larsen
Sbisa

Sbisa should be off the team unless its a stealth tank

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Ya. I think the Sbisa experiment has failed. Now that the Canucks have Hutton, Gudbranson, and drafted Juolevi, the Canucks aren't desperate for a young top 4 D on the team. If only Benning can get rid of Sbisa and re-sign Hamhuis. Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Gudbranson, Hamhuis, Tryamkin, and Larson with Biega and Pedan down in Utica is a pretty good group.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Just like I'll always remember Weber for stupidly playing the Flames onside with his terrible pass directly to a Flame with a minute and a half to go in game 1 of the 2014 playoffs leading to their late winner.

The difference being, that's all I'll remember Weber for. I'll still have a lot of other great memories of Hamhuis.

Along those lines...maybe the small silver lining here is that we won't see Hamhuis stick around long enough to become the villain. We can all just remember him for the great contributor to that almost Cup team that he was. Rather than watching him wither away to nothing.

I'd still love to bring him back for a year though. More if we didn't have the expansion draft shenanigans to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad