Player Discussion Dan Girardi Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Girardi and Glass put together a couple great games, and now the same old point of "the team needs guys like them on it"
Both players also had a good first series against Montreal. Glass has been pretty good in every game that he has been in during the playoffs and Girardi had two poor games the rest have been fine. Give credit where credit is due.

Are you suggesting that they should not be in the line up next game? Who are you putting in for Girardi? And you are really going to bench Glass? What kind of reaction do you think that would have on the team?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Glass has been among the best players in the playoffs?

tenor.gif

More appropriate nick cage laughing gif

PHXVQfe.gif

I'll see your two laughing Nicolas Cage laughs and raise you one Raising Arizona crazy one.

giphy.gif

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Both players also had a good first series against Montreal. Glass has been pretty good in every game that he has been in during the playoffs and Girardi had two poor games the rest have been fine. Give credit where credit is due.

Are you suggesting that they should not be in the line up next game? Who are you putting in for Girardi? And you are really going to bench Glass? What kind of reaction do you think that would have on the team?

I did give them credit. In the games Glass has played he's played like not trash, and Girardi hasn't played like a traffic cone.

And I didn't insinuate that they need to come out of the lineup. They're playing well, so let them play, it's good for the team, and us when they play well

You would have understood what I was trying to say if you had actually read what I wrote

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I did give them credit. In the games Glass has played he's played like not trash, and Girardi hasn't played like a traffic cone.

And I didn't insinuate that they need to come out of the lineup. They're playing well, so let them play, it's good for the team, and us when they play well

You would have understood what I was trying to say if you had actually read what I wrote
I did. Apparently I misunderstood.

Given the way that Glass & Girardi have played, I am not sure they are leaving the lineup for the duration. At least not the foreseeable one.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Some say this, but I can't understand what standard they judge him by.

I think Vesey's looked a lot better defensively in the playoffs, compared to the second half of the regular season where he was bad offensively and even worse defensively. Saying that, he has 3 points in 10 games playing every single game in the top 9, I think he played nearly every game with Stepan and Nash. And his minutes are up about a full minute from the regular season. Stepan and Nash have both underperformed in this playoffs and people note that all the time, yet they each have 5 points, Vesey has 3 playing with them. No one ever even mentions him.

So all I'm wondering is how we are supposed to judge this guy. Is it offensively? Defensively? I'm perplexed how his position where he is playing in the lineup is never under threat. Jesper Fast lets say can put up similar offensive production with even better defense, yet people always complain about him playing in the top 9. And rightly so, he's a grinder and should be on line 4 with the other grinders. I'm not even saying Vesey should lose his place in the top 9, I think he has top 9 potential and needs to play what his eventual NHL role would be as opposed to bumping up grinders who might be slightly more effective, but I can never be sure what standard people are judging him by. Its almost like he's not judged, and just gets a 6 or 7 out of 10 from fans for no reason with no logical explanation that can ever be explained.

At least most of our players minutes are higher. Would you like to know why? Because just between the 3 overtime games that the Rangers have played you can add pretty much another entire game worth of minutes.

Right now I'm fine with the lineup we have right now. We've pretty much dominated the last two games. The 4th line has contributed 3 goals. No need to fix something that's working. If we play like **** on Saturday then you think it over for the next game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At least most of our players minutes are higher. Would you like to know why? Because just between the 3 overtime games that the Rangers have played you can add pretty much another entire game worth of minutes.

Right now I'm fine with the lineup we have right now. We've pretty much dominated the last two games. The 4th line has contributed 3 goals. No need to fix something that's working. If we play like **** on Saturday then you think it over for the next game.

I think Vesey got one shift past regulation in the 2 OT game, and I don't think probably like 1 extra period's length of game time in 10 games is adding more than 10 to 15 seconds of ice time per game. But thats not that important either way, and I'm not saying he should come out of the lineup. I wouldn't take him out of the lineup all year. Concerning Vesey, my gripe is how to evaluate his play.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think Vesey got one shift past regulation in the 2 OT game, and I don't think probably like 1 extra period's length of game time in 10 games is adding more than 10 to 15 seconds of ice time per game. But thats not that important either way, and I'm not saying he should come out of the lineup. I wouldn't take him out of the lineup all year. Concerning Vesey, my gripe is how to evaluate his play.

Still there's more minutes to distribute and you're worrying about Vesey having one more minute average ice time than in the regular season?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Still there's more minutes to distribute and you're worrying about Vesey having one more minute average ice time than in the regular season?

Thats not what I'm worrying about. I'm saying thats indication of how poor 3 points in 10 games is. His offensive production is even worse than the regular season.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Vesey has been having a great two series. He's not the one that needs to be replaced.

3 assists in 10 games is "great"? He's been ok at best, a liability at worst. I've liked Buch's game much more when he's played, and that would add some skill to the lineup without removing any physicality as Vesey isn't exactly the roughest customer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
3 assists in 10 games is "great"? He's been ok at best, a liability at worst. I've liked Buch's game much more when he's played, and that would add some skill to the lineup without removing any physicality as Vesey isn't exactly the roughest customer.

Lot's harder to put up scoring stats in the playoffs than the regular season. It particularly is harder for first year pro players who have to raise their game to a higher level in the regular season than ever before. Vesey is a stronger and more physical player than Buchnevich. Buchnevich has had issues with the physicality of the NHL---the back injury and subsequent building up of his core that must have kept him out for at least two months. Vesey's 3 assists in 10 games isn't terrific production. Neither is Buchnevich's 1 assist in 5 games which prorates to 2 assists in 10 games. I don't see your point at all. At best Buchnevich matches Vesey as a player at this point in time (though I think within a couple-three years Buchnevich might be the best forward on the entire team) and personally after two very strong games from the current lineup I wouldn't be making any lineup changes except from necessity.

Now against Pittsburgh if the Rangers decide to go more skill I could see Buchnevich back in for Glass. I suspect that Pavel is going to get more playoff games if we get into the conference and Stanley Cup finals and all in all I think he's acquitted himself well (despite only one assist) when he's gotten the chance to play.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buchnevich vs. Vesey is a false dilemma. They should both play.

I have no clue on what planet is Buchnevich equal to Vesey at best. Its the other way around, I think.

And I just realized this is the Girardi thread. :laugh: I'm gonna stop the non-Girardi discussions in this thread. Sorry mods.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Because, for the last 2 seasons, I've read posts almost every day trying to hammer home a point that this team would be on easy street if only they got rid of Glass and Girardi. The irony that these 2 are amongst the best players for the Rangers so far in the playoffs is delicious.

There are posts that age poorly and then there is this post.

Its like Glass and Girardi read your post and decided to prove you wrong.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Girardi´s Modified No Trade Clause kicks in July 1st. Rangers should have asked for his list already.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Girardi stepped it up in the playoffs. So props for that, but if I have to watch him and Staal just chip pucks for 5 more years I will implode.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If Girardi could've played the role he should be playing (5/6 PK) at this point in his career, he would've had an outstanding playoffs. As it was, with what he has left, he did okay. Holden and Staal were larger liabilities than Girardi and didn't bring the physicality that Dan can bring. I'd want those two gone before Girardi.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Girardi was really bad numbers wise..he just wasn't glaringly bad outside of 2 or 3 plays....its just that Staal was so abhorrent...and Holden couldn't prop I'm up the way McD can that you all forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad