Injury Report: Dan Girardi (Hip Flexor - more than "day to day")

BradySkjei

Oct 14, 2016
This is the best shot McIlrath will ever have at becoming a NYR regular. If he can't force his way into the line up and stay in with Girardi out, Klein day-to-day, and Holden playing poorly (as expected), then he might as well put in his 30 day notice at his residence.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
LTIR for Girardi would be best. There's no point in rushing him back, and the team is clearly better without him. Let him heal so that he isn't injured when they buy him out next summer

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
LTIR for Girardi would be best. There's no point in rushing him back, and the team is clearly better without him. Let him heal so that he isn't injured when they buy him out next summer

AV probably thinks he's at worst our second best defenseman and will probably rush him back. Book it.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Don't rush Girardi back. Let him rest for a season or two, just to be on the sure side.

OMG, Girardi is signed to that horrendeus contract until 20/21! :laugh: He just needs to be bought out.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He had a good game to be G in MSG though. I just feel bad about the new injury, unfortuntately for him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i wonder if this ramps up our push for Troubadour.

be careful what you wish for, the price will be steep,
Jets wont be asking for a package Staal, Glass, Grabner and Tommy Hughes ...
key players and top prospects.
some of y'all will freak if package include Buch

fact is, Trouba has not improved much since his rookie year
not saying he wouldn't be a big help,
- some size, eats minutes, some 'O', good shot,
but he is not a great player yet

League wide need for RHD, and his reputation and draft position, have raised his price beyond his worth

then if he comes, despite his claim its all about quality ice-time, gotta convince him to sign a bridge deal

Vickers8

He had a hip flexor 2 years ago and I thought he was out 3 weeks

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If Klein isn't ready to go for a while, NYR are in a tough spot.

Might be time to play Skjei on the top pairing.

McDonagh-Skjei
Staal-Clendening
Holden-McIlrath

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Poor guy has a cracked knee cap and a messed up hip now. Let him heal and relax for once.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Why is that Not good?

That's nothing BUT good news.

LTIR for Girardi. Good news for the Rangers

Because maybe I don't really like when anyone on this team is injured for long?

It's entirely possible for people to dislike Girardi being injured while seeing that it's supremely beneficial to the team overall.

Jeebus...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Poor guy has a cracked knee cap and a messed up hip now. Let him heal and relax for once.

He had the entire off-season to recover. 2 games in, he is out again with an injury. I was really hoping for the best with Girardi and honestly, he was not bad. Still played better defense than Staal and Holden.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He had the entire off-season to recover. 2 games in, he is out again with an injury. I was really hoping for the best with Girardi and honestly, he was not bad. Still played better defense than Staal and Holden.

Yeah, me too, but a cracked kneecap isn't something that can heal, especially when you aren't immobilizing and resting it.

Jurgen Klopp

Oct 12, 2016
This is the best shot McIlrath will ever have at becoming a NYR regular. If he can't force his way into the line up and stay in with Girardi out, Klein day-to-day, and Holden playing poorly (as expected), then he might as well put in his 30 day notice at his residence.

McIlrath "forced" his way into the lineup last October/November when he and Yandle made for our best pairing on the back line. It didn't matter then and likely will not matter now. It is not really within McIlrath's primary control; he needs to perform, no doubt, but why would any fan be confident if he does Vigneault will not replace him with Girardi as soon as the doctors say Girardi can play?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I really hope that Chris Drury has "the talk" with him soon.

BradySkjei

Oct 14, 2016
I wonder if injury situations are dealt with in a different way with respect to Girardi because he's approaching a buy out decision in the off season. If he's injured, then Gorton will be forced with his full cap plus protecting his contract in the expansion draft. If Gorton doesn't find a trading partner for McIlrath or a deal that makes sense in addressing our needs, I can only hope that Gorton can come down with the executive decision hammer of light and push Vigneault to play McIlrath and rest Girardi so he's not at risk of aggravating something later on in the season OR simply shelfing him late in the season if Vigneault can get comfortable with the idea of McIlrath being an NHL regular with Clendo and Klein.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Because maybe I don't really like when anyone on this team is injured for long?

It's entirely possible for people to dislike Girardi being injured while seeing that it's supremely beneficial to the team overall.

Jeebus...

Fair enough but a healthy Girardi is a dressed Girardi.

If a non-career threatening injury gets him out of the line up the team is better off for it.

BradySkjei

Oct 14, 2016
Fair enough but a healthy Girardi is a dressed Girardi.

If a non-career threatening injury gets him out of the line up the team is better off for it.

The concern is also reduced mobility when he comes back into the lineup. He's racked up as many injuries as anyone. He's saved up enough points to redeem the Ryan Callahan 41 games a year special. You throw this fresh injury in, there is no way he plays well enough to deserve a spot in the line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad