Rumor: Dan Girardi back to Rangers

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don’t know what Dan G’s coaching chops are, and I don’t think he’s going to be THE assistant coach, just one of the coaching staff. I just like the guy. He seems like a good guy to be talking to our plethora of young D men and I guy who understands what it takes to win, even if he didn’t get to the ultimate prize here. I think the big difference is letting Dan G be one of a staff of coaches on the bench and hiring an ex-NHLer with no coaching resume to be THE coach are big differences.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I don’t know what Dan G’s coaching chops are, and I don’t think he’s going to be THE assistant coach, just one of the coaching staff. I just like the guy. He seems like a good guy to be talking to our plethora of young D men and I guy who understands what it takes to win, even if he didn’t get to the ultimate prize here. I think the big difference is letting Dan G be one of a staff of coaches on the bench and hiring an ex-NHLer with no coaching resume to be THE coach are big differences.
He was also one of those guys who wasn't physically gifted or the most talented so he had to put in the work to earn his career. Screw Rod the Bod, we need Dan the Man

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
He was also one of those guys who wasn't physically gifted or the most talented so he had to put in the work to earn his career. Screw Rod the Bod, we need Dan the Man

Exactly. He may not have helped us to the promised land but he knows what it takes to be successful. He knows about preparation and working to exceed your skill. A LOT of our guys could use a mentor like that. I really like Dan the Man.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This.
If he can coach as well as he played for us he’d be a welcome addition. Danny G was a warrior for a long time for this franchise. Older players that played with him and against him know when he talks he’s not shooting off at the mouth. This is a guy that was a beast in the trenches. That could be very valuable for our younger defenseman. I expect him to have success much like Ulf Samuelson. When guys like that teach you things it carries weight to a player, knowing that the guy who is teaching you have his bonafides.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'd prefer we don't try to turn Adam Fox, Zac Jones, Nils Lundkvist, and K'Andre Miller into shot blockers.

G did as Torts directed.
In London he did what rhe Hunters told.
G will be good coach if he commits.
But shouldn't be at NHL level yet. As suggested above, if this is his path, he should go to Pack, and Murph, who has history w Gallant, should become D AC w big club.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I bet Mike Kelly is really hoping Girardi gets the job. We're obviously going to pick one assistant to blame for everything that goes slightly wrong with the team, and if Girardi is here, good bet that it's him.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I bet Mike Kelly is really hoping Girardi gets the job. We're obviously going to pick one assistant to blame for everything that goes slightly wrong with the team, and if Girardi is here, good bet that it's him.

We already know whoever will be in charge of the power play will get 1980s Ric Flair-level heat.

Reactions: Thirty One

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad