Rumor: Dan Girardi back to Rangers

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Wasn’t Carp (the Athletic) reporting this?

From the linked post

"The New York Rangers have agreed in principle to a four-year deal with Gerard Gallant as their next head coach. According to The Athletic’s Rick Carpiniello, the Rangers may bring back Dan Girardi as an assistant coach.
We’ve also heard from sources that Buffalo assistant Dan Girardi, a former Rangers teammate of Drury, could be added as an assistant.
Rick Carpiniello

Reactions: egelband

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Dunno anything about his coaching, but it's always nice to keep a happy NYR family, even among players we bought out or traded.

Sabres fans were saying that his arrival was directly correlated to their D picking up their play. Of course it was also directly correlated to Krueger leaving, so it's hard to say.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I've got literally no thoughts on this from a coaching perspective. I don't know enough about his time with Buffalo beyond results improving once he joined the staff but like said earlier, prob more to do with Krueger being ousted more than anything. He does seem like someone that could be a good teacher though based on his personality.

On a sentimental thought, it would be awesome to see someone who bled Rangers blue like him be a big part of the team going forward.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is the perfect spot for him. He can impart his leadership and attitude without, you know, being on the ice. Sort of like Glass getting a FO role.

I just hope he's more of a doer and less of a teacher when it comes to blocking shots that go in 0.1% of the time.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I always feel like the HC should be able to make all the calls on AC hires. He has to form the team he wants to work with. Otherwise, I'd have just assigned him Jacques Martin but that just us arm chair GMs.

Reactions: haveandare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad