Confirmed with Link: Dan Ellis traded to FLA for Tim Thomas

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I will say this though- it might take awhile for you to feel comfortable with Thomas' style.

He is not a pure butterfly goaltender. His style is very unorthodox and can lead to heart failure from time to time. Yet he will fight for every.single.stop.

Not afraid to use his paddle to clear the crease of unwanted visitors either, just ask Andrei Kostitsyn about that.[ Or his brother. I get them confused.]

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What did he say?

Like Modo said ... it was one of the stooges on TSN. The guy wasn't clear so he made it seem like Thomas was pissed about being traded to Dallas.

What he said was something along the lines ....

*I just got off the phone with him and I can't you he's not happy about this trade
*He has a NMC and he had to waive it.

I think what he meant was Thomas was pissed that Florida traded him ... not that he was coming to Dallas. If he was pissed about Dallas, he wouldn't have waived.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Like Modo said ... it was one of the stooges on TSN. The guy wasn't clear so he made it seem like Thomas was pissed about being traded to Dallas.

What he said was something along the lines ....

*I just got off the phone with him and I can't you he's not happy about this trade
*He has a NMC and he had to waive it.

I think what he meant was Thomas was pissed that Florida traded him ... not that he was coming to Dallas. If he was pissed about Dallas, he wouldn't have waived.

Or that he was upset that Florida brought in Luongo.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I will say this though- it might take awhile for you to feel comfortable with Thomas' style.
For sure. He's a wild goalie to watch, but you have to understand Stars fans are used to it. The current starter is wild in his own right thanks to his propensity to give up really weak goals on a regular basis.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

He is not a pure butterfly goaltender. His style is very unorthodox and can lead to heart failure from time to time. Yet he will fight for every.single.stop.

Not afraid to use his paddle to clear the crease of unwanted visitors either, just ask Andrei Kostitsyn about that.[ Or his brother. I get them confused.]

KTFOSEDIN.gif

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Did he get a penalty on that play? I can't remember. Hopefully they credited him with a hit.

That was awesome.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Yeah add me to the TT -boat! I love his playing style, with all of the emotions and unorthodox styles! Wild and crazy like my boy Rask!

Only have two things against him
1) he played for the rivalling teams in FEL
2) he was blocking Rask's way to the top briefly

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Well Sean Avery wasn't here very long either.....but of course it could be argued that the locker room at that time wasn't in great shape to begin with. ;)

Yep, that room was in such bad shape they had to trade for Sydor to get things right.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I know I should be upset about Kari being out but I'm not. I have a 100% confidence in Timmy and he's been my favorite goalie since he joined the league, and now he's gonna be our starter while Kari heals and hopefully lead us to a playoff birth!

Quick question. What happens if Thomas plays lights out and Kari comes back. Do we ride Thomas into the playoffs (if we make it).

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I know I should be upset about Kari being out but I'm not. I have a 100% confidence in Timmy and he's been my favorite goalie since he joined the league, and now he's gonna be our starter while Kari heals and hopefully lead us to a playoff birth!

Quick question. What happens if Thomas plays lights out and Kari comes back. Do we ride Thomas into the playoffs (if we make it).

Nope.

Track record be damned, Kari is our starter.

aloonda*

timmah looks to be the "not the best athlete in the world" type of goalie---meaning--he does well when he can read the play, see the puck and be in the right spot----once he is made to move---he falls on his butt and can't get up----wife noticed this many many times tonight

I assume this is evened out with a defense that knows what it is doing as opposed to goalsagainstki et al.......when timmah can't figure out where to move next---his lack of athleticism hurts

thoughts on this ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad