Confirmed with Link: Dan Cloutier resigns as goaltending coach, citing family reasons

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Great news
Markstrom became terrible after they hired him

'Markstrom became terrible' suggests he was once better than he is now...
I'm not a Markstrom fan at all... but he's played better technically every season he's been here. Just not at a very high level of consistency.

Hopefully a different coach/approach helps our goalies achieve a slightly higher ceiling to their games.

Hire the goalie coach who has a track record for coaching goalies with the highest save percentage thru the first 5 shots of a game OR first 5 minutes of game (whichever comes second)...

Hire THAT guy.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
well we just need a temporary filler now. i mean we already have luongo under contract once he retires.

Reactions: Grub

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
I don't understand why some people are so happy about this at first glance. Has there been a report that he has not been doing a good job? Have the goalies he has coached regressed? I would like to know more about the situation.

Edit: If he resigned then I understand this more. I still don't understand some of the negative posts at the beginning from those who thought he was fired and were happy about it.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Our options for replacement are:
  • Kirk McLean
  • Steve Weeks
  • Troy Gamble
  • Bob Mason
  • Kay Whitmore
  • Corey Hirsch
  • Mike Fountain
  • Arturs Irbe
  • Garth Snow
  • Felix Potvin
  • Alfie Michaud
  • Peter Skudra
  • Alex Auld
  • Martin Brochu
  • Chris Levesque
Not sure who I'd choose as a replacement... maybe Brochu?
No joke i bet its gonna be Alex Auld. He's already doing this at lower levels locally.

Woodley would be my choice if you can talk him into it. Love his segments and breakdowns he's pretty dialed and concise.

Congrats to Cloutier your kids are only young once enjoy.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Our options for replacement are:
  • Kirk McLean
  • Steve Weeks
  • Troy Gamble
  • Bob Mason
  • Kay Whitmore
  • Corey Hirsch
  • Mike Fountain
  • Arturs Irbe
  • Garth Snow
  • Felix Potvin
  • Alfie Michaud
  • Peter Skudra
  • Alex Auld
  • Martin Brochu
  • Chris Levesque
Not sure who I'd choose as a replacement... maybe Brochu?

I assume that Curtis Sanford is not on your list because is already employed by the Canucks as a goaltending coach?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Would be nice to stop hiring Canucks alumni for managerial and coaching positions.
I hope they don't go the obvious route and hire Mclean, this Oilers-esque gifting former team greats positions in the organization needs to stop.
It would be so Canucks to hire the guy whose style most differed from the universal goaltending stance today, just because he is an alumnus and was good in the 1994 playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad