Confirmed with Link: Dan Bylsma to coach U.S. national team in Sochi | Shero joins Poile as associate GM

member 51464

I wonder if the hatred I feel for Canadians during the Olympics is like the feeling everyone else has towards the US the rest of the time? You arrogant SOB's ;)

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Shero is turning out to be a disaster of a gm and it is so weird how much he compares to Craig Patrick. Both grew up in a hockey family where they get "legended" into their jobs. Both inherit stars and both win early. I was a staunch critic of Craig Patrick, once making him cry on Sports Beat. And I was proven correct about the guy. I know he had to trade his stars, but he didn't have to trade them for bums in return.
As to Shero, how did that Morrow for Morrow trade work out??? How about everything they give up for Iggy and then using him completely the wrong way??? His love for puck moving dmen, similar to what Patrick loved. Signing Eaton, when you just knew the odd man out would be Depres.
Shero has his job because because of father, he is not a self made man. He is not a genius and he will be exposed as fraud withing 5-7, when after the stars decline, there is nothing left in the organization.
Lastly, when you have a team that starts with Crosby, Malkin and Letang, making the playoffs is not an accomplishment.

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
I was thinking:
Ryan Kesler Kane
JVR Statsny Kessel
Parise Backes Callahan-Matchup 2 way line
Brown Pavelski Oshie

Suter Martin
JJ Carlson
Yandle McDonagh
Shattenkirk

Wanted to split up the small Parise Statsny Kessel line. Not sure JVR is the way to go. Im sure people will complain about Parise on the "third line" but I picture that line playing alot.

I do like the idea of a Brown Backes Callahan line though to kill people.

Maybe:
Parise Kesler Kane
Ryan Statny Kessel
JVR Pavelski Oshie/Pominville
Brown Backes Callahan

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
R**** shows once again he's a no-class *******. Stands up, turns his back, and starts gathering his things while there are still people at the podium speaking and everyone else is still sitting listening.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Shero is turning out to be a disaster of a gm and it is so weird how much he compares to Craig Patrick. Both grew up in a hockey family where they get "legended" into their jobs. Both inherit stars and both win early. I was a staunch critic of Craig Patrick, once making him cry on Sports Beat. And I was proven correct about the guy. I know he had to trade his stars, but he didn't have to trade them for bums in return.
As to Shero, how did that Morrow for Morrow trade work out??? How about everything they give up for Iggy and then using him completely the wrong way??? His love for puck moving dmen, similar to what Patrick loved. Signing Eaton, when you just knew the odd man out would be Depres.
Shero has his job because because of father, he is not a self made man. He is not a genius and he will be exposed as fraud withing 5-7, when after the stars decline, there is nothing left in the organization.
Lastly, when you have a team that starts with Crosby, Malkin and Letang, making the playoffs is not an accomplishment.

Shero's only flaw is that he refuses to see that his Baby Pens/ Pens only coach hire Bylsma doesn't have what it takes to coach a very talented NHL team. Once reality finally sets in and he is finally forced to dismiss Bylsma, I still expect big things from Shero like his stocking up of defensive prospects recently, which should pay big dividends in the future.;)

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Actually, that's a hella-good lineup. I like our chances to compete as well as last time; hopefully with a better result. First pairing is a little soff, third a little slow, but overall not bad. And Quick could steal games for sure. No more gold FOR U , Sid!

3rd pairing is due to those two playing together in the last olympics. Same reason I kept Kesler/Kane, Parise/Stastny, and Backes/Callahan together. Familiarity with one another. No second place next ime.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Sooo, it's the Penguins who are holding back the coaches? I think you have it backwards!
To a degree. Other than MT and Constantine there just hasn't been another coach that gets away from that sloppy brand. Losing badly and winning sloppy has been a "Penguins brand" of hockey for longer than I care to remember.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
How unfortunate. Must be nice to be Dan Bylsma though. Have great regular seasons year after year while coaching two superstars, get completely out-coached at some point in the playoffs and not be held accountable whatsoever, get a renewal from the GM and then get the job as the US national team boss. That's good stuff.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
3rd pairing is due to those two playing together in the last olympics. Same reason I kept Kesler/Kane, Parise/Stastny, and Backes/Callahan together. Familiarity with one another. No second place next ime.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stepan get in there over a guy like Stastny.

Kesler/Stepan/Pavelski/Backes is a hell of a group of centers.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Shero as GM is boss. He'll find a way to make a trade in this, somehow.

I can see it now. He'll convince someone from Team Canada or Team Russia to become legal U.S. citizens and defect to Team USA. :laugh:

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
Shero is going to troll us all and win ... what a twist. Seriously though, I do like the US's chances this time. (We'll see if Db can mess it up or not. )

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I wonder how many times we're going to see the stretch. And no adjustments being made, once the PP goes 0 for 30.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Stepan get in there over a guy like Stastny.

Kesler/Stepan/Pavelski/Backes is a hell of a group of centers.

Statsny has been great in international competition. 35pts in 31 games. Most recently he had 15 points in the World Championship in 10 games. I still want him on the roster due to his experience with USA Hockey and the larger ice surface.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Statsny has been great in international competition. 35pts in 31 games. Most recently he had 15 points in the World Championship in 10 games. I still want him on the roster due to his experience with USA Hockey and the larger ice surface.

Stepan probably deserves to be there too though. Its going to be interesting.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
hahahahaha hey guys won't it be funny when the team is all tanner glasses and craig adamses lololololol get it guys

Seriously, great selection for the US. Team should be loaded and will be run with a coach who knows how to get the most out of his offensive stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad