Dan Boyle to retire; potentially with Sharks

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
danboylefurcoat.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So it's safe to say that Larry Brooks won't be attending his retirement party?

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
One of my favorite Dmen while he was a shark. He took our team to the next level and will go down as one of the best Dmen in sharks history

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Be nice to see with work with defensemen like they have Nabby back with the goalies and Ricci with forwards. Would like to see Jeremy Roy work with him, for example.

BCShark

Feb 21, 2007
never was of fan of his off ice but a very talented and passionate player on ice

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Another retiree who's an alumni from the 04 Tampa cup team. Why isn't he retiring with the Bolts?

He played 6 seasons for each team and the most recent was the Sharks. Maybe because the Sharks offered him a job and the Bolts didn't?

Was a hard working guy that had a great career even though he was never drafted.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Another retiree who's an alumni from the 04 Tampa cup team. Why isn't he retiring with the Bolts?

He played 6 seasons for each team and the most recent was the Sharks. Maybe because the Sharks offered him a job and the Bolts didn't?

Was a hard working guy that had a great career even though he was never drafted.

From what I remember, Boyle didn't take the trade from Tampa to San Jose very well. I can't say I blame him, as he had just signed a long-term deal with the Lightning less than six months before being asked to waive his no-trade clause. So, that might have something to do with retiring with the Sharks as opposed to the Lightning.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I wish he never played for the Rangers/got traded to the Islanders and didn't sign here. He was one of my favorite defensemen in the NHL up until that point.

I'll probably forget about all of that at some point and remember how great he was for the Sharks. I remember how much Sharks fans were upset that Brian Campbell didn't re-sign with them, then Wilson trades for Boyle, and he's even better than they could have dreamed of. He was in an awful situation in Tampa Bay, and became the happiest person ever by going to San Jose, even if he went reluctantly. The Sharks became my second favorite team in 2008 right around when they got Brian Campbell, but when they got Boyle they became so much better.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
From what I remember, Boyle didn't take the trade from Tampa to San Jose very well. I can't say I blame him, as he had just signed a long-term deal with the Lightning less than six months before being asked to waive his no-trade clause. So, that might have something to do with retiring with the Sharks as opposed to the Lightning.
It wasn't as much being asked to waive his ntc, more being told to waive or get put on waivers and claimed by Atlanta.

True story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad