Speculation: Damphousse as President?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Hire the best person available not just because he has ties to the team or because he speaks French.

I'm a bit at a dilemma with that, on one hand I absolutely agree with you, just hire a hockey mind, more than that, just a 'mind', and that's it, I don't care where he's from... but on the other hand, anyone would do the trick other than Geoff Molson, and just the fact that Bergevin would have a -real- boss this time, whom he'd have to really be accountable to...

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm a bit at a dilemma with that, on one hand I absolutely agree with you, just hire a hockey mind, more than that, just a 'mind', and that's it, I don't care where he's from... but on the other hand, anyone would do the trick other than Geoff Molson, and just the fact that Bergevin would have a -real- boss this time, whom he'd have to really be accountable to...
I disagree with the anyone will do comment.

If they are just hiring some shill for the position, it does nothing to better the team. Just my take on it.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hire the best person available not just because he has ties to the team or because he speaks French.

Sure but.....Damphousse is very, very qualified imo. He's been heavily involved with the NHLPA in the past, is very smart. I think he could do an excellent job. Don't sell him short just because he has ties to the team.

Reactions: tazsub3

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Sure but.....Damphousse is very, very qualified imo. He's been heavily involved with the NHLPA in the past, is very smart. I think he could do an excellent job. Don't sell him short just because he has ties to the team.
He very well could be, but I'd like to see the team interview numerous candidates and make a decision after the fact.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He very well could be, but I'd like to see the team interview numerous candidates and make a decision after the fact.

lol. Not that i disagree with the process you're suggesting - but I'd rather just hire Damphousse vs having Geoff Molson interview a bunch of other people and be in charge of choosing the best one....

Reactions: tazsub3

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

No he's not. Working for the PA or owning a car dealership doesn't make-up for his idiotic opinions about hockey.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
lol. Not that i disagree with the process you're suggesting - but I'd rather just hire Damphousse vs having Geoff Molson interview a bunch of other people and be in charge of choosing the best one....
So you rather hire somebody with ties to the team, even if they aren't qualified and continue to short change the franchise. Fair enough.

I'd rather the team not take short cuts. Do the work and hire the best person possible to make our team better.

To each their own

Reactions: angusyoung

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
So you rather hire somebody with ties to the team, even if they aren't qualified and continue to short change the franchise. Fair enough.

I'd rather the team not take short cuts. Do the work and hire the best person possible to make our team better.

To each their own

Well. I'm not doing the work, neither are you. Geoff Molson is. What I was saying is - do you trust Geoff Molson to conduct interviews and decide whose the best for the job? His track record isn't exactly stellar.

I really like Damphousse as a candidate myself. I think Geoff is more likely to hire someone worst, than better, if he conducts a bunch of interviews.

And of course - the obvious. If Damphousse truly was on the verge of being hired (and as stated earlier in this post, it doesn't seem so, was just an opinion) - you'd assume it's because Molson already *did* interview a bunch and settle on him.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In this case, I'd prefer to let this job position unoccupied rather than that speculation...

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Well. I'm not doing the work, neither are you. Geoff Molson is. What I was saying is - do you trust Geoff Molson to conduct interviews and decide whose the best for the job? His track record isn't exactly stellar.

I really like Damphousse as a candidate myself. I think Geoff is more likely to hire someone worst, than better, if he conducts a bunch of interviews.

And of course - the obvious. If Damphousse truly was on the verge of being hired (and as stated earlier in this post, it doesn't seem so, was just an opinion) - you'd assume it's because Molson already *did* interview a bunch and settle on him.
I'd rather Molson do the interviews than hire Damphousse just because. I also understand it was just an opinion piece.

If there were or will be interviews for the position of President of the Montreal Canadiens, yes, we would've heard about it from hockey insiders without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad