Speculation: Damphousse as President?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We have absolutely no idea how Damphousses could be a good choice. He played the game. And he's on RDS. That profile makes Gaston Therrien interesting too.....so imagine that.

As WTK said, Bobby Smith fits more the profile if you want somebody bilingual. He actually has the qualifications....at worst...MUCH more than Damphousse has.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I am not sure why honestly. I think they have very similar profile outside the ice.

I like Quintal as the strong immovable man to give a direction for the team.

I think Damphousse might be better as a GM.

And Roy as a coach.

I would hire those three guys to rebuild the team anytime.

personally, he remind me Bergevin. An ex depth defenseman who played 1000 games and know as a good guy but he doesn't have Bergevin experience that he had with Chicago

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I mean, I'm not the most familiar with the Q but Halifax's entire hockey ops office would probably be an improvement ( provided Bobby Smith is still involved with them) . The Mooseheads franchise has always been one of the best and most professional in the whole CHL.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will be honest, I don't even care who we hire as President as long as he has 1) Hockey Knowledge, 2) He is not a shill to Bergevin, 3) Has the full power to dismiss the GM/Personnel, 4) Will challenge statu quo

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'd hire Vinny in a minute if it meant getting rid of Bargain Bin, otherwise, pass.

I'd be OK with Bobby, maybe Quintal. I'm sure there's plenty of qualified candidates out there. No need for RDS fodder.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I haven’t followed Damphousse in his post playing career. What history in hockey management and what successes as he had in it that people believe he could jump into this role and be successful.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm not opposed to Damphousse as I dont know much about his background but if they are bringing in a President then the person should:

-Have experience in hockey management
-Not be associated with this current management group
-Be given large autonomy to make changes as they are fit.

The President should provide a fresh perspective and not be a mere figure ahead. However I can fully see Molson hiring a figurehead or someone with close connections to himself or the Montreal bubble.

We need fresh perspectives with innovative ideas and the clout to get changes done. If not then getting a President is just another person added to the payroll.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
This isn't happening. GM believes he and MB are doing a fine job. Stability and patience. This is just a reset, we will have better hotdogs and pizza at the next game.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This isn't happening. GM believes he and MB are doing a fine job. Stability and patience. This is just a reset, we will have better hotdogs and pizza at the next game.
Yes, because, as per the great and wise Marc Bergevin, the game is not played on paper and as long as we are in the playoff we have a chance. There is clearly no problem with this team. :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont see how he has qualifications. Get Bobby Smith.

Bobby Smith would be a very good option! Calm, Cool, Collected, Experienced, Well Respected, and tons of Hockey Knowledge dealing with rebuilds and developing players. I'm sure he has lots of connections in the hockey industry too.

Molson probably prefers to hire a french guy though I would imagine. Would Smith even take the job? Might be a headache he likely would prefer to avoid

What resume does Damphousse have? I think I agree with you on that he is not qualified

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What is it about that couch at RDS? Is it made of magic threads? Seriously though, this is probably a fluff hire, another guy with no experience for the position which he was hired. "Hi Vinny, you will be president in name only, smile for the camera and say the right things but Marc stays in control". I would have preferred Patrick Roy if we had to choose a former player. Bobby Smith is a pipe dream, never going to happen, way too much logic in that decision.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That would be a typical Habs move.

Would any organization would hire Damphousse as President?
Not one team would even think about him….and why?
Cause he would have no business being there.

Let's look for example at Shanahan in Toronto who was NHL's vice president of hockey and business development and after that was NHL's Senior Vice President before getting the job of President of an NHL club.

Sure, it can't be worst than Molson.....but it's just another familiar name who no experience for the job, worst, people under him all have more experience than him for doing that job, including Bergevin.

Reactions: EXPOS123

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I mean, I'm not the most familiar with the Q but Halifax's entire hockey ops office would probably be an improvement ( provided Bobby Smith is still involved with them) . The Mooseheads franchise has always been one of the best and most professional in the whole CHL.

The thing with the Q is, it's really easy to fix your problems with money. Not like that in the NHL where every team is pretty well off.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There's nothing to see here at this time, if we get a better source saying something is in the works and not just a wish it was or hope it is then we can revisit.

Reactions: the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille