damor's draft - DISCUSSION/EXCEL (SCHED AND EXCEL UPDATE POSTED. MAKE UP PICKS ASAP)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
MISSED PICKS/TEAM REPICKS NEEDED TO BE COMPLETED ASAP:

CGY 2
PHI 3
TOR 2
ANA 2
VAN 2
BOS 1
DET 1
CHI 1
WAS 1
NYI 1
SJ 1

THAT'S ALOT OF MISSED PICKS

5 teams with two or three missed picks, 6 teams with ONE missed picks.

That means 19 (NINETEEN) GMs were up to date and on top of things. MORE THAN HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are tanking because 20% missed a couple of picks and another 20% are a little slow? :(:(:(

19 committed GMs are disappointed because while the cup wasn't full it still had a lot in it!

Geez.

Jul 10, 2010
5 teams with two or three missed picks, 6 teams with ONE missed picks.

That means 19 (NINETEEN) GMs were up to date and on top of things. MORE THAN HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are tanking because 20% missed a couple of picks and another 20% are a little slow? :(:(:(

19 committed GMs are disappointed because while the cup wasn't full it still had a lot in it!

Geez.

San Jose was included, because i had a pick very late at night, and i had school the next morning, so i couldnt make it til i got home. Im commited so we have 20 commited

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
we have 20 commited
That is pretty good. Yeah, 30 would be great, but 20 GMs on top of things? just AUTOPICK the other ten teams with best picks available.

Or let some of us 20 committed GMs manage two teams (with no trading of players between teams oneself manages), thereby picking up the slack.

And active recruitment to fill some abandoned teams is a natural thing to do.

This league is dead only if the commish has too high of standards or just really has lost interest. I'm not sure if damor is unrealistic or rationalizing in his anger over this situation. Maybe he's just inexperienced with the ways of such leagues? I don't think I've ever seen a 30-team committed league without replacements and tweakings along the way.

Jul 10, 2010
A contraction draft is too tricky at this point in the draft. In order to do one, everyone would have to cut a certain amount of players off their teams as well. If we are cutting 20 teams out there are about 400 players to be selected at this point. How are those 400 players going to fit on 10 rosters (when they are practically filled) Everyone will have to dump 3/4 of their teams in order to get it done.

Honestly if you plan on going this way, you might as well just start from scratch, define the rules and pick the GMs you really want to have involved in this

Wed cut 10 teams, thats 200. since some have only made 12 picks, its even less players.

Teams would have the option to skip their pick in the later rounds, as not all players would have to be picked, theyd simpley enter into the unpicked players.

And Soli, well i agree that having #1 in contract and prospects is unfair, itd be even more unfair the guy who got crosby (and then traded him to me, but got him nonetheless) to pick #1 in contraction as well.

And if its randomized, LA might end up #1 which is even more unfair.

Since prospect picks arent as sure as NHL players, i think itd still be fair.

And Damor, im commited, i just cant make picks that are past 10pm, and before 5pm, as i have to be in bed, then go to school, and then i go to the gym.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
That is pretty good. Yeah, 30 would be great, but 20 GMs on top of things? just AUTOPICK the other ten teams with best picks available.

Or let some of us 20 committed GMs manage two teams (with no trading of players between teams oneself manages), thereby picking up the slack.

And active recruitment to fill some abandoned teams is a natural thing to do.

This league is dead only if the commish has too high of standards or just really has lost interest. I'm not sure if damor is unrealistic or rationalizing in his anger over this situation. Maybe he's just inexperienced with the ways of such leagues? I don't think I've ever seen a 30-team committed league without replacements and tweakings along the way.

1st. active recruitment - I have all but given up on this, im not sure if u realize how all our gm teams have been filled and refilled so far, its been me pming random ppl on here trying to save this thing from falling apart every week over last mnth....I cant do it anymore, noone wants to join and take over teams this late, i have spammed dozens this past week and noone will bit, so ur aspirations there r not realistic!

2. if u think i have lost interest than u take over....please do.....cause I'm sick of it and comments like that fuel my frustration more and get me right pissed off after all I've been doing!. I have sent a pm out to most gm most picks every round and the moments where i dont have time to have been all the times things have fallen behind and gone out hand.....it wasn;t me freaking out over one single night of missed picks it was me freaking out over the past 3-4 weeks of picks, inactive gm's and guys that NEVER PICK ON TIMESLOT OR SELECT DRAFTED PLAYERS AND THE FACT THAT I HAVE TO PM EVERY GM EVERY ROUND TO MAKE SURE THINGS DONT FALL APART AND THEN EVEN WHEN I STILL DO THAT PEOPLE LOGON YET STILL DONT PICK OR PICK A GUY SELECTED 5 RDS AGO....Im sorry but to me its beyond frustrating at this point...u have NO clue what ive been doing behind the scenes to try and keep this going so dont make comments like that on here when ur opinion is completely unjustified

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Managing, like parenting, takes a lot of time and work, like a duck paddling like mad under the surface. It also takes tolerance.

We have 20 good GMs.

damor's idea of AHL-autoing the other 10 is not bad, though quality NHL autoing would allow later added GMs.

Whichever way, damor's efforts are appreciated.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Managing, like parenting, takes a lot of time and work, like a duck paddling like mad under the surface. It also takes tolerance.

We have 20 good GMs.

damor's idea of AHL-autoing the other 10 is not bad, though quality NHL autoing would allow later added GMs.

Whichever way, damor's efforts are appreciated.

thank u for the post....i will highly consider ur plan in this case, where we will fire bunch of gm's and give their rights as 2nd teams to several gms on here til we find replacements.....

Thing is for this to work, I cannot be the one finding replacement gm's this will have to be on all of u to pitch in and help find replacements cause i cant keep doing it alone, ive exhausted most my resources already on here

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
....i will highly consider ur plan in this case, where we will fire bunch of gm's and give their rights as 2nd teams to several gms on here til we find replacements.....
I'd gladly manage a second team.

:naughty: Can I put in dibs on :flyers (Or Anaheim if the Flyers GM shows up or is taken).

VanIslander would then be managing Nashville and Philly, with NO trading between those two squads.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
just Remember If U R Committing Ur Team To Continue It Means U R Committing Urself To Making Ur Designated Timeslots On Time And If Not, At Worst, Makeup Picks Within That Same Day And/or Round

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
If we went the route of contraction I don't believe it would be that difficult to manage given that Gms have limitations on who they can pick due to this is a cap league

Basically, if a team were to add a player through the contraction draft that team would have to not only give up a player from their current roster, but any move made during the contraction draft would have to keep that team cap compliant.

So as an example using Philly and the nucks, ( I picked two teams from the "fired" list") say the nucks were one of the contracted teams and Philly had an interest it picking up Kopitar...

Say Philly had 5 mil in open cap space, given Kopitar's salary Philly would make a selection such as;

Philly selects Kopitar (salary 6.8 mil), releases Matt Cullen (salary 3.5 mi).

The next player on the list not only gets to chose from the contracted players, but Matt Cullen has now been added to that list as well.

Any player left on the available list becomes a UFA after the draft.

Jul 10, 2010
If we went the route of contraction I don't believe it would be that difficult to manage given that Gms have limitations on who they can pick due to this is a cap league

Basically, if a team were to add a player through the contraction draft that team would have to not only give up a player from their current roster, but any move made during the contraction draft would have to keep that team cap compliant.

So as an example using Philly and the nucks, ( I picked two teams from the "fired" list") say the nucks were one of the contracted teams and Philly had an interest it picking up Kopitar...

Say Philly had 5 mil in open cap space, given Kopitar's salary Philly would make a selection such as;

Philly selects Kopitar (salary 6.8 mil), releases Matt Cullen (salary 3.5 mi).

The next player on the list not only gets to chose from the contracted players, but Matt Cullen has now been added to that list as well.

Any player left on the available list becomes a UFA after the draft.

this is my idea as well. i second this.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
We can not get people to make their picks in this draft so we add another 200 picks to make? Does not make any sense

we will be deleting teams by 8-9pm tonight, and restarting the draft and schedule tomorrow morning (Monday) with rest of teams staying in league (sorry no contraction option, this draft was meant to be for skilled pickers and wanna keep it like that)...please let me know if willing to draft a 2nd team AND U MUST BE ON SCHEDULE IF U R CONTINUING WITH US, NO MORE FLOATERS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mehta I hope u logon, i know u r normally very committed here with ur team management but i have not been able to pm u for days becuase ur inbox is full and u have missed several picks and have not commented yet....please login tonight and let me know whats up or we have to contract ur team, which I dont wanna do

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
I have taken over Chicago, and we are looking to make some deals. Looking to acquire depth. Guys in bold are available. Looking to add more depth

Louis Eriksson - Antoine Vermette - Nathan Horton
Nikolei Kulimen - Rich Peverly - Rene Bourque
Evander Kane - David Legwand - Gregory Campbell

Andrez Mesaros - Marc Staal
Jay Boumester - Jack Hillen
Brian McCabe

Chris Mason
Dan Ellis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad