damor's draft - DISCUSSION/EXCEL (SCHED AND EXCEL UPDATE POSTED. MAKE UP PICKS ASAP)

damor

Dec 28, 2006
WED SEPT 15TH SCHEDULE (copy for mobiles)

Edmonton Oilers 554 10:00am - 11:00am
Anaheim Ducks 555 11:00am - 12:00pm
Nashville Predators 556 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Chicago Blackhawks 557 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Phoenix Coyotes 558 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Washington Capitals 559 3:00pm - 4:00pm
New Jersey Devils 560 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Toronto Maple Leafs 561 5:00pm - 6:00pm
St.Louis Blues 562 6:00pm - 6:30pm
Buffalo Sabres 563 6:30pm - 7:00pm
New York Islanders 564 7:00pm - 7:30pm
Calgary Flames 565 7:30pm - 8:00pm
Philadelphia Flyers 566 8:00pm - 8:30pm
Pittsburgh Penguins 567 8:30pm - 9:00pm
San Jose Sharks 568 9:00pm - 9:30pm
Florida Panthers 569 9:30pm - 10:00pm
New York Rangers 570 10:00pm - 10:30pm
New York Rangers 571 10:30pm - 11:00pm
Florida Panthers 572 11:00pm - 11:30pm
San Jose Sharks 573 11:30pm - 12:00am

FROM NOW ON THIS IS WHERE I WILL BE POSTING OUR EXCEL UPDATES ON OUR LEAGUE'S SALARY CAPS AND DRAFT PICKS IN THE FORM OF AN EXCEL DOCUMENT ATTACHMENT

ATTACHMENT WILL ALWAYS BE FEATURED RIGHT BELOW HERE OR BY CLICKING ON PAPERCLIP ICON

IF YOU CAN'T OPEN EXCEL FILE, HIT SAVE INSTEAD OF OPEN AND IT WILL LIKELY WORK​

For those who do not know how Excel is used by me to manage, here is how it works:

First off this will be the salary cap section that will compliment our Fantasy League....So when you need cap updates to make your decisions later on (either for trades or free agent pickups) this will be the document you use to cross reference your cap spaces.

Every time a player pick replaces the number beside your team name in the chart, that player automatically goes under your team name in the team sections (scroll far right in excel doc to find this) where you will also find a cap breakdown of your remaining hit and cap per player you have left to draft (helps manage your team more efficiently).

As well, beside every team name is a hyperlink to make communicating faster (Q=PM a GM) The small boxes you see on the far left and top margins of the spreadsheet allow you to open and close/hide sections of the doc for easier navigation as we go along. so for example if you are in middle negotiating with 2 other gms, you can hide all the other teams and have just the 3 of yours always in front of you so you dont have to keep scrolling back and forth. you can also play around with excels zoom option to zoom out and see more content at once. (HAD TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS LAST SUMMER WHEN I MADE THIS)

You dont need to save the excel everytime there's an update, just hit open when prompted after clicking the attachment below or the PAPERCLIP icon on this thread's main link. Hope this i useful for those who haven't used it yet and good luck drafting. (let me know if u notice any errors, as this is first update)​

FINALIZED RULES AND SCHEDULE UPDATE TO BE POSTED HERE SHORTLY

Draft

*There is 22 rounds in a snake format
*Teams have 2 hours in the 1st round to pick and 1 hour for the rest of the draft you Once you have made your draft selection
*PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE NEXT GM SELECTING....moves things along so much faster, so please if you could take this rule seriously
*If a team misses its pick, the team is skipped until the end of the round
*After Round 1, If you select a player previously already drafted....you will be penalized and have to wait til end of that round to remake your selection (THIS IS TO ENSURE U ALWAYS HIT CTRL+F TO SEARCH FOR UR PLAYER B4 U DRAFT HIM)
*If a team misses 3 picks then the GM is fired
*Players have played one career NHL game are eligible for the Draft
*At the conclusion of the Draft we will hold a Entry/Prospect draft that will last 10 rounds
*The clock will freeze between 12 AM ET and 10 AM ET (11AM ET on Weekends)

Site

http://www.pickuphockey.com/

Salary Cap

* $68,400,000M
* All teams MUST be under the cap at all times, any trade completed that puts a team over the cap will be vetoed.
* Use CapGeek to find players salaries as well as NTCs and NMCs.

Rules

* There will be 30 Teams
* Trading is Allow but keep it fair
* All trades MUST be sent to Joey Moss or damor or donghabs98
* This is a point league
* Trades must be sent in for approval before they are accepted
* Our standings are kept on pickuphockey.com, Check how your team is doing when you want
* Rosters must have 22 players 13 forwards,7 d-man and 2 goalies

Point System

Forwards
Goal: 1 point
Assist: 1 point
Shoot out winning goals: 0.5 points
PPG: 1
SHG: 2
Empty Net Goal: 1
Plus/Minus Plus: 1
Penalty Shot Goals: 3
Hat Trick: 5

Defence
Goal: 2 point
Assist: 1 point
Shoot out winning goals: 1 point
PPG: 2
SHG: 2
Plus/Minus - Plus: 1
Empty Net Goal: 1
Penalty Shot: Goal: 2
Hat-Trick: 5

Goalies
Goal: 40
Assist: 10
Regulation Wins: 3
Overtime Wins: 3
Shoot Out Wins: 3
Regulation Lose: 0
Overtime Lose: 1
Shoot Out Lose: 1
ShutOut: 4

(Bonus points include Primary Points)

example: Game winning goal = 2 (Bonus) + 1 (Primary) for a total of 3 points.

Last edited:

damor

Dec 28, 2006
That is awesome! Thanks for making that.

Is that the official draft order?

no problem, and yes it was the random order habs98 was able to generate....final rules and pont breakdown to come shortly with few tweeks to the original...ALSO IN THE EXCEL DOC U MAY SEE TIMES AND DATES, AND TRADES...PLEASE IGNORE AS THEY WERE FROM LAST YEAR, NEXT UPDATE WILL HAVE FINAL TIME SLOTS AND DATES

ALSO AS A HEADS UP, I SHOULD MENTION FROM NOW ON THIS IS THE DRAFT THREAD WHERE YOU POST YOUR PICKS AND ONLY YOUR PICKS, ALL DISCUSSION SHOULD TAKE PLACE FROM NOW ON IN THE OTHER THREAD

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I am unable to use excel in the Korean language on this Korean computer I use here in South Korea (where I work teaching English). If a GM must use Excel to play this game then I'm out. If I can post picks and see the draft lists without needing to use that program then I'm in.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
I am unable to use excel in the Korean language on this Korean computer I use here in South Korea (where I work teaching English). If a GM must use Excel to play this game then I'm out. If I can post picks and see the draft lists without needing to use that program then I'm in.

ill pm u and clarify

damor

Dec 28, 2006
HERE IS THE DRAFT ORDER WITHOUT TIME SLOTS YET ADDED:​

Colorado Avalanche GordieHoweHatTrick
Los Angeles Kings Ralphy
Minnesota Wild ***********
Winnipeg Jets Theron
Montreal Canadiens donghabs98
Dallas Stars Sniped90
Ottawa Senators Soli
Vancouver Canucks Bruno Mars
Tampa Bay Lightning damor
Carolina Hurricanes HabsFanFromOntario
Columbus Blue Jackets Treb
Boston Bruins Pitt's Best #87 #66
Detroit Red Wings Tigerarmy
Edmonton Oilers Poole43
Anaheim Ducks Leafs Guy
Nashville Predators VanIslander
Chicago Blackhawks TheIconicKid2010
Phoenix Coyotes Hale The Villain
Washington Capitals DontTazMeBro
New Jersey Devils RogueStatus
Toronto Maple Leafs Broadway Brad
St.Louis Blues nki
Buffalo Sabres Tylar
New York Islanders OrangeZebra
Calgary Flames ESH
Philadelphia Flyers KingBud97
Pittsburgh Penguins Bishop7979
San Jose Sharks CloweForbidzYou
Florida Panthers juice1815
New York Rangers Joey Moss

damor

Dec 28, 2006

FINAL DRAFT DETAILS INCLUDING RULES AND POINT BREAKDOWNS NOW AVAILABLE ON FIRST PAGE OF BOTH DRAFT THREADS....PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON UNLESS IT IS YOUR TURN TO DRAFT A PLAYER
.​

Last edited:

Ralphy*

:kings
The Los Angeles Kings are very excited to select
LW ALEXANDER OVECHKIN
ovechkindraft.jpg

damor

Dec 28, 2006
FROM NOW ON I WILL POST THE WORD "UPDATED" IN BOLD RED EVERYTIME NEW EXCEL ADDED SO U KNOW WHEN TO CHECK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad