Confirmed with Link: Damon Severson traded to Columbus for a 2023 3rd round pick (via CGY) (signs 8 years, 6.25 per extension)

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Wooooow. They're going all in. Didnt expect this. Love the player but I pray the price isnt the #34 pick

Cant imagine how they'd find space for Hayes after this one. So many ELCs expiring next summer.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Wooooow. They're going all in. Didnt expect this. I pray the price isnt the #34 pick

Cant imagine how they'd find space for Hayes after this one. So many ELCs expiring next summer.
Most likely. Id put Hayes at 99% not happening. Depends on what is moved. I think the cap is finally supposed to go up next year. Was supposed to up this year, but then the regional networks died.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Jarmo didnt want to risk coming up empty handed in FA and I dont blame him. 3rd seems a bit high to trade for his rights but I guess a sign and trade is worth it. The player is obviously worth more than a 3rd.
I wonder what this means for Boqvist.

Reactions: DougKnowsBest

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Severson turns 29 in two months.

Horrendous term.

Another desperation move by Jarmo, likely to try to salvage his job. Never a good way to operate.

This team is apparently deluded into thinking they are close to competing in the next 1-2 seasons.

Not a huge loss in my books

Forgot to add Boqvist

Werenski - Severson
Provorov - Jiricek
???? - Gudbranson

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Horrendous term.

Another desperation move by Jarmo, likely to try to salvage his job. Never a good way to operate.

This team is apparently deluded into thinking they are close to competing in the next 1-2 seasons.
Defensemen perform longer than forwards and the cap is going to jump up, fairly minimal risk here. I think its more about competing for the playoffs and insulating the kids while making them fight for jobs. Dont see the doom and gloom you do

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Horrendous term.

Forgot to add Boqvist

Werenski - Severson
Provorov - Jiricek
???? - Gudbranson
I dont think Boqvist is going anywhere. I suspect we'll see him in top 4 and Jiricek in 3rd pair to start the year

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad