Dalton Prout to be Suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Gudas got a taste of his own medicine.

Prout's his was dirty but any time you see a Flyers player on the receiving end of a play like this it's hard to have any sympathy.

Doesn't matter how much Gudas runs around - this is NOT how you deal with that.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
If only all these concerned Flyers fans were so indignant every time Gudas cheapshots a guy on a team they don't cheer for. Of course, then they wouldn't be Flyers fans, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation we got here.

Gudas has been running around the entire season series, it was going to happen. And to think, out of the three incidents yesterday, Prout's hit wasn't even in top 2.

Believe it or not, we can hate dirty hits by the players on the team we cheer for. Odd concept, I know

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Guess went way out of his way to Target a kid in a completely meaningless game.

He's a dirty cheapshot artist who got taken to task for it.

I don't really like the hit Gudas made... but there's several things you need to get straight.

There are no "kids" in the NHL. A) Everyone there is an adult (or at least the vast majority). B) Everyone is there willingly. C) He had possession of the puck and was legally allowed to be hit. D) Gudas didn't "target" him, nor did he "go out of his way". He hit him the same way he would have hit anyone else who skated across his blueline with their heads down. And finally, there are no "meaningless" games in the NHL. These guys are all highly driven athletes who all want to win. Sure there's only a handful of games left, but these guys are not going to mail it in. That's not how a single one of them is wired.

As for Quenneville... he skated across the blueline leaning forward with his head down - what did he (or you for that matter) expect to happen? Gudas came in on an angle and hit him - both in the head and in the body. I don't like the hit, but it's perfectly legal based on the rules today. JQ getting hit there is entirely on him. Everyone is taught from a young age to keep their head up - especially when crossing the blueline, and doubly so when someone like Gudas is on the ice.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Nope, he isn't.

If the NHL didn't protect their precious Penguins stars
they would have been suspended on quite a few occasions. The things they get away with are comical in their absurdity.

Meanwhile people on here complain about clean hits by Gudas, like the one on Quennevile that caused Prout to retaliate. Hitting a guy with the puck vs a hit that you can't even see because the puck is so far away. :laugh:

And if the NHL was protecting them, we would have seen more suspensions for the **** and abuse that they have to put up with. Instead we have a total of 1 suspension ever handed out - for a total of 1 single game.

Yeah, completely protected. :laugh::sarcasm:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Please suspend him so it will force our idiot coach to stop playing him over people that are actually good at hockey.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
And if the NHL was protecting them, we would have seen more suspensions for the **** and abuse that they have to put up with. Instead we have a total of 1 suspension ever handed out - for a total of 1 single game.

Yeah, completely protected. :laugh::sarcasm:

Risto got suspended 3 games for what was a legal hit badly timed right after Crosby tried to castrate O'Reilly, but you knew that already. I guess it just didn't help prove your point so you left it out.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
so, just to be clear, we think that Gudas was hit in the head, allowed almost immediately to return to the game but then taken out of the game at a later point because of the hit to the head?

if so, someone needs to be fired.

or we can use our eyes and watch the video.

Been saying this for years. Our training staff is exceptionally sketchy about head injuries. McCrossin helped write league procedure for concussions, so he knows the loopholes and exploits them.

For example, after Schenn was brutally boarded by Wilson and was flopping around with full fencing response, McCrossin didn't bother running concussion protocol on him. Instead, they just pulled him from the game. See, you apparently only have to run protocol if you plan on playing the guy further in that game. Rather than risk finding a concussion, they just asked Brayden the next day how he felt and when he said "fine" the matter was settled.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If only all these concerned Flyers fans were so indignant every time Gudas cheapshots a guy on a team they don't cheer for. Of course, then they wouldn't be Flyers fans, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation we got here.

Gudas has been running around the entire season series, it was going to happen. And to think, out of the three incidents yesterday, Prout's hit wasn't even in top 2.

ProTip: Incorrectly generalizing an entire fanbase makes you look foolish.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
1 game at most and even that is pretty heavy handed. Far from a big or dangerous hit.

Neutral fan here

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gudas cuts across the front of JQ and plants his shoulder into his chin/cheek. I posted photo evidence of this a couple pages back and you guys are still denying that it happened.:laugh:

Then why did Gudas get no penalty from the refs and no hearing and no suspension from the league?

It was a totally clean hit that didn't cause an injury, and the Devils overpaid goon is about to get an unpaid holiday for his cowardly act. Those are the facts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hilariously shocking that people are actually outraged at Prout when Gudas is Gudas, and nobody should feel remotely sorry for him given his past actions.

Let alone, Prout's hit is the least harmful of the 3 when we're talking Gudas, Prout, and Weise.

How is it the least harmful when only the Prout hit caused a player to leave the game?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Then why did Gudas get no penalty from the refs and no hearing and no suspension from the league?

It was a totally clean hit that didn't cause an injury, and the Devils overpaid goon is about to get an unpaid holiday for his cowardly act. Those are the facts.

Referees miss obvious penalties all the time, and I never said the hit is suspension worthy. If it gets called properly by the refs I doubt Prout even does something stupid like that.

Refereeing in this league is horrible, and they constantly mismanage games. Games turning into clown shows is often the result, and the same terrible refereeing gets rolled out night after night without repercussions.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Risto got suspended 3 games for what was a legal hit badly timed right after Crosby tried to castrate O'Reilly, but you knew that already. I guess it just didn't help prove your point so you left it out.

Actually, he was suspended entirely because his hit was illegal. :sarcasm:

And no one has been suspended for a cup check. So I'm not sure what your point is here? The league not suspending him for something they do not suspend anyone for isn't proving your point or helping your case at all. :laugh:

As for Prout, he's probably going to get at least what Risto got (and rightfully deserved). He might even get more.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Referees miss obvious penalties all the time, and I never said the hit is suspension worthy. If it gets called properly by the refs I doubt Prout even does something stupid like that.

You're aware that you're allowed to hit a player in the head right? As long as you're not picking the head (Trouba on Stone, Cooke on Savard, etc), you're fine. Gudas hit JQ through the head into the body (shoulder/chest), which happens when you're leaning over with your head down. Not really sure what else one would expect in that situation. Given that the puck was there, I doubt anyone other than NJ fans are going to have an issue with the hit.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
You're aware that you're allowed to hit a player in the head right? As long as you're not picking the head (Trouba on Stone, Cooke on Savard, etc), you're fine. Gudas hit JQ through the head into the body (shoulder/chest), which happens when you're leaning over with your head down. Not really sure what else one would expect in that situation. Given that the puck was there, I doubt anyone other than NJ fans are going to have an issue with the hit.

I agree here. Gudas hit was legal in that the principal point of contact was the chest despite there being contact to the head.

From the replays we have seen, I still don't think Gudas was hit in the head, though.. so I am looking forward to more angles in the eventual suspension video. I hate to compare hits but from that extent, Gudas' hit was 'worse' in that it involved head contact but it was by no means dirty like Prout's hit.

For the record, I originally thought Prout should be suspended 2-3 games for intent to injure and gross interference. I will stick with that number (and hell, they can suspend him forever for all I care.. he's terrible) and he deserves that suspension, what he did was dirty.. even if was well-intended and good for team morale.

I also thought Weise should have gotten a call because his hit on Palmieri was also legitimately dangerous and could have caused serious injury based on where Palmieri was on the ice (which is Weise's responsibility to evaluate). The hit also appeared high and was definitely late. I am happy Palmieri is okay so as long but do think Weise should have gotten a suspension or fine. He was ejected so that does some of the job but hits like those should also be out of the NHL.

I'm fine with it if it's only Prout being suspended, like I said.. he deserves it.

TurboLemon

Mar 11, 2013
Nobody seemed to mention the elbow to the head by simmonds immediately after the Gudas hit. Was that a non event?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Nobody seemed to mention the elbow to the head by simmonds immediately after the Gudas hit. Was that a non event?

I was just going to ask the exact same question. But of course, Zajac wasn't hurt on the play so no one is gonna care...

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Serious Q- How does Gudas have concussion symptoms? Prout hit/speared him in the chest and he didn't hit his head on the ice. Whiplash?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Seems to be a regular thing he does. He did the same thing to Dumoulin last week. But given the rest of the **** that happened that shift, it's not a surprise that it's getting overlooked.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Serious Q- How does Gudas have concussion symptoms? Prout hit/speared him in the chest and he didn't hit his head on the ice. Whiplash?

The Flyers are listing it as a UBI. It could be that he has damage to his torso, rather than a concussion.

The reason Prout is going to get suspended is that hitting a guy when the puck is nowhere near him is extremely dangerous because the player doesn't expect to be hit. Some of the worst collisions I've seen where when teammates ran into each other because they didn't have time to brace for impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad