Dalton Prout to be Suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Gudas went headhunting on a young rookie and got what was coming to him. Gudas is an embarrassment. I'm extremely proud of Prout. He stood up for his teammate and he put Gudas in his place and then took care of Simmonds.

I see nothing wrong with what Prout did. I applaud him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's incorrect.

A clean hit to the chest on the puck carrier is definitely less harmful than a predatory hit at the opposite side of the rink from where the puck was. Prout was trying to hurt, Gudas was just being physical.

Gudas cuts across the front of JQ and plants his shoulder into his chin/cheek. I posted photo evidence of this a couple pages back and you guys are still denying that it happened.:laugh:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
That's incorrect.

A clean hit to the chest on the puck carrier is definitely less harmful than a predatory hit at the opposite side of the rink from where the puck was. Prout was trying to hurt, Gudas was just being physical.

I don't know if we can say Prout was trying to hurt...
but he was certainly trying to punish.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gudas went headhunting on a young rookie and got what was coming to him. Gudas is an embarrassment. I'm extremely proud of Prout. He stood up for his teammate and he put Gudas in his place and then took care of Simmonds.

I see nothing wrong with what Prout did. I applaud him.

Sad that people will praise a dirty hit in response to a clean hit.

Gudas cuts across the front of JQ and plants his shoulder into his chin/cheek. I posted photo evidence of this a couple pages back and you guys are still denying that it happened.:laugh:

It was a clean hit. Watch it again.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It was a clean hit. Watch it again.

Nope, and right back at you. Learn the rules while you're at it as well, as they changed within the last year or two.

Illegal Check to the Head
– A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted.

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.
(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.
(iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
To me, that's four minutes. Two for interference and two for roughing followed by five for fighting. A suspension isn't warranted here.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He hit him in the body, not the head. The impact to the body caused to the head to move. Clean hit.

Watch it again.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

His head snaps hard to the right and rolls along Gudas' shoulder/back before Gudas connects with JQ's far shoulder. How exactly does his head move from the impact to the body before the impact to the body occurs?

Watch the replay again, his shoulder goes right into the side of JQ's head and is the principal point of contact. JQ's shoulder is behind Gudas' shoulder when contact is made. This isn't a clean hit anymore and it's a blown call. This ******* throws hits like this all the time, and it's only a matter of time before he ends a player's career.

hmeCP6U.png

svE8eAC.png

Prout hit is at 1:20.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

His head snaps hard to the right and rolls along Gudas' shoulder/back before Gudas connects with JQ's far shoulder. How exactly does his head move from the impact to the body before the impact to the body occurs?
You can clearly see Gudas and Quenneville touching and his head is above the shoulder. The hit was to the body, its clear as day, just look at the picture.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Nobody's arguing that Prout shouldn't be suspended.

It's just that nobody has sympathy for Gudas, because this is simply a case of reaping what he's sown.

So following your logic Malkin has already deserved all dirty hits coming toward him.
And his potential injuries should be celebrated since he will have reaped what he had sown.

Did I get your line of thinking correctly?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You can clearly see Gudas and Quenneville touching and his head is above the shoulder. The hit was to the body, its clear as day, just look at the picture.

First image is at the point of contact, JQ has tucked his head to the right slightly to not get hit on the chin, and Gudas' shoulder is connecting with the side of his face. Second image is right after the contact to the head and at the point of contact with the shoulder, where JQ's head has been forced all the way to the right by the contact and is now on Gudas' back. You're right that it's clear as day.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Flyers also have terrible contracts like Giroux and Voracek (good players, but nowhere near their cap hits) and have to pay Simmonds soon who likely wont age well. Prospects are prospects, lets see if they pan out.

And yeah, the Devils' success does have a lot to with their current state. They spend decades picking in the 20s and trading first round picks because they were contenders for two decades! How do you not see this?

FWIW, I wouldnt say the Devils have a weak prospect pool. Probably 15-20 and about to add a top 5 pick and have 2 seconds.

Im saying the Devils have a bleak future and you're just giving an excuse for why it's poor...

So then you don't disagree that it's bleak I guess? Ok glad that's settled. :laugh:

I'm saying that the "why" doesn't matter, all Im saying is that they're in a bad spot. I don't care about what lead them there, only the fact that they're there. Understand?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
This might make me a bad person but I don't have a problem with any of that. Gudas not keeping his head up after cheap shotting a rookie was pretty funny. Prout really reaching for his next contract, looks like a guy who's #goodintheroom.

It does.

You don't have to like Gudas or his hit(s), but there's absolutely no justification for what Prout did. I could care less whether he wants a contract or not... you want to fight him, go challenge him to a fight - or even just jump him (as long as he can see you coming). What you don't do is go and finish a hit on him when he doesn't have the puck and is nowhere near the puck or the play. That is just a BS garbage move. Hope Prout gets a big suspension for that - as it would be well deserved.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Drop the gloves and fight but that was intent to injure.

The whole thing started when Couts almost got headsmashed on the post when he was checked into the goalie. bev fans are punks. Gudas hit was clean and the Weiss hit was a tad late. Bring up Scott and Sam for the next game, at least they have talent.

I didn't like it, as I don't think he tried to get much of the body. But neither do I think it was an illegal hit. But I agree completely that if Prout wanted to settle things, the way to do it was by dropping the gloves, not finishing a hit on him when he's not in the play or expecting it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If only all these concerned Flyers fans were so indignant every time Gudas cheapshots a guy on a team they don't cheer for. Of course, then they wouldn't be Flyers fans, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation we got here.

Gudas has been running around the entire season series, it was going to happen. And to think, out of the three incidents yesterday, Prout's hit wasn't even in top 2.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Gudas got a taste of his own medicine.

Prout's his was dirty but any time you see a Flyers player on the receiving end of a play like this it's hard to have any sympathy.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If only all these concerned Flyers fans were so indignant every time Gudas cheapshots a guy on a team they don't cheer for. Of course, then they wouldn't be Flyers fans, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation we got here.

I'm far from a Flyer fan, but I suspect that if you went and looked at any thread about a dirty or questionable Gudas hit, while there would be some defending the hit (as there are with every hit and every fan base) there will also be others expressing their displeasure with the hit(s) in question.

Gudas has been running around the entire season series, it was going to happen. And to think, out of the three incidents yesterday, Prout's hit wasn't even in top 2.

Hitting someone high who doesn't have the puck and is well away from the play and isn't expecting to be hit is always going to top whatever other BS your crying about.

As for Gudas running around, there's a very easy way to deal with it. Dump the puck into his corner and then go cream him. It doesn't even need to be entirely legal. But at least then he would know that he's going to get hit and could at least be somewhat prepared for it. And if you didn't hit him hard enough, you can always fight him afterwards. But hitting him like Prout did is just a chicken **** move.

Look, I'm a Pens fan, and actually do not mind Prout as a depth D who can play a physical game, and I have zero love for the Flyers. But just as I hated the Risto hit on Guentzel, I can't stand this hit on Gudas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad