Dalton Prout to be Suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Prout bumped into him. He wasn't targetting the head and it wasn't malicious. He merely bumped into him, possibly to get his attention and let him know he didn't care for the hit Gudas had just thrown. This is an interference penalty and nothing more. Interference happens countless times a game, 9 times out of 10 Gudas simply gets knocked down on his ass but gets up and is not injured seriously. The result is just unfortunate this time.

Oh wait. This is Prout? Sorry my bad fam, I thought it was Crosby. In that case, suspend him for the rest of the season. Dirty classless goon. No place for this in the game. Etc.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Nobody seemed to mention the elbow to the head by simmonds immediately after the Gudas hit. Was that a non event?

Elbow to the head? Jesus christ. If the members of this board were in charge of the NHL DOPS they'd probably all get suspended during the pre-game warm ups for looking at someone the wrong way.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Serious Q- How does Gudas have concussion symptoms? Prout hit/speared him in the chest and he didn't hit his head on the ice. Whiplash?

Exactly my thought. There may be a different/better view, but from what I can tell, prout hits him in the mid section.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Suspended 2 games.

Video pretty much exactly aligned with what I've been posting. The hit was directly to the chest and had absolutely no head contact at all (they even had a second much better angle showing this) but due to the nature of the interference and intent to injure, he deserved a 2-3 game suspension.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wouldn't put it past the Flyers to report a fake injury to get a suspension out of it.

They were without Gudas for a must-win game the next day, so no, it isn't a fake injury.

Watch the video DOPS just put out to educate yourself about why Prout's hit was so dangerous.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't put it past the Flyers to report a fake injury to get a suspension out of it. They're the biggest cry baby hypocrite organization when they're on the receiving end of a hit like this yet their whole legacy is built on cheap scummy play.

Your irrational hatred of the organization is overpowering any kind of logical thinking.

Don't be controlled by emotion.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey...ed-for-interference/c-288394930?tid=277549076

Not only is Gudas not in possession of the puck, the puck is in the possession of a Devils defenseman almost the full length of the ice away. Gudas is fatigued and skating to the bench for a line change with his head down. No reasonable player should expect to be hit at this time in any fashion.

Prout comes off the bench, makes no attempt to join the play in any manner, and instead targets a vulnerable player for the sole purpose of exacting retribution for an earlier play. And while the hit itself is not incredibly violent, the fact that Gudas is in no way prepared for a hit of any kind, makes any type of body contact dangerous.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I wouldn't put it past the Flyers to report a fake injury to get a suspension out of it. They're the biggest cry baby hypocrite organization when they're on the receiving end of a hit like this yet their whole legacy is built on cheap scummy play.
There is no need to be upset. Everything will be OK.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
The DOPS is so inconsistent.

Ristolainen anticipated a player receivinge the puck and hit a player attempting to make a hockey play. He was backing up when he hit him, but I agree that he absolutely is responsible to ensure that a player is eligible to be hit. 3 games.

Prout comes off of the bench, makes no attempt to play hockey, skates in the opposite direction of the play, and intentionally hits a player that doesn't have the puck. 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad