GDT: Dallas @ Washington | 12/15/22 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Tough one. These stretch games really test their offensive execution/chemistry. For as much as they owned the puck in the second period, a lot of it was pretty cutesy stuff.

Protas on a scoring line is only about as good as adding a defensive contrast. Offensively, not much happening. Milano was missed. Oshie had a chance here and there but isn't enough of a match-up issue on a third line. Without superb top six talent these stretch contests reveal a thinness that I'm not sure how they'll manage to improve. Plenty of good when they were on it outside of some breaks but that's a familiar refrain.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Tough one. These stretch games really test their offensive execution/chemistry. For as much as they owned the puck in the second period, a lot of it was pretty cutesy stuff.

Protas on a scoring line is only about as good as adding a defensive contrast. Offensively, not much happening. Milano was missed. Oshie had a chance here and there but isn't enough of a match-up issue on a third line. Without superb top six talent these stretch contests reveal a thinness that I'm not sure how they'll manage to improve. Plenty of good when they were on it outside of some breaks but that's a familiar refrain.

I thought Protas looked good there. Great puck retriever, drove the net a few times. Had one of his passes from around the net gotten through they would have scored. He is also a great fit with Kuzy & Mantha since he does what they don't.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Disappointing loss. Lindgren had no chance on the second goal and I missed the first Dallas goal due to underestimating intermission break. I thought the Caps played a good game, however Oettinger was really top level. Shake it off and prepare for the dang Maple Leafs.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1671196282891.png

Unfortunately we don't play the Stars again this season and they beat us in both matchups already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad