Confirmed with Link: Dallas trades James Neal and Matt Niskanen to Penguins for Alex Goligoski.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
oh boy... cause Neal was doing so well in Pittsburgh right? Gogo has been the better player so far in the trade, it could change though.

MetalGodAOD*

Without Richards next season, Neal's trade value would plummet horribly. He never had any chemistry with Riberio. We got a great young PMD for him before his stock dropped IMO.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Without Richards next season, Neal's trade value would plummet horribly. He never had any chemistry with Riberio. We got a great young PMD for him before his stock dropped IMO.

I really dont think neal ever had any real chemistry with anyone. He was almost always an independent contractor out there.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I really dont think neal ever had any real chemistry with anyone. He was almost always an independent contractor out there.

Not that I agree entirely but something to consider is that chemistry aside, playing with good players can obviously boost statistics (especially assists).

My personal opinion as to why Neal was shipped out is because Nieuwendyk didn't think he was a true winning player. I'm sure he'll do fine in Pittsburgh, and may even win a Cup in short order, but I just never got the sense that he has it. That in itself is not a problem but it can be if the player thinks they do.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Disagree it's signed and sealed.

Hornqvist is a very good asset. He could flourish and help them win a Cup. Goligoski probably never plays more than 2 more years in Dallas.

With as good as the team looks poised to be ... they could easily allow him to walk for no assets at the conclusion of the 2016 season rather than trade him for assets at the deadline in a playoff race.

I'd hope they'd at least strongly consider moving him next summer ... like this Spezza situation ... so they can get value back for him.

Maybe I'm wrong though and proves to be a great 3 or 4 if say one of these young guys step up. I just don't see right now long term potential in Dallas. Too many young D and not enough spots ... especially for a a $5 or $6 million D which he might be.

aloonda*

hornqvist is one of my favorite players

the pens did well the last few days i think

at least for where they started

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Neal traded to Nashville.

Niskanen left as a FA.

No Cup in Pittsburgh while Gogo still playing us.

Officially stamped a Dallas Stars win.

Wait now it's a win?

I thought this made the trade a win :naughty:

850365242.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad