Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars vs Toronto Maple Leafs @ Scotia Bank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
jeez how bad is Muzzin's injury? And what is the injury? when did it happen? in game or practice? Just saw this on twitter seems like Muzz is gone for a long time

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
jeez how bad is Muzzin's injury? And what is the injury? when did it happen? in game or practice? Just saw this on twitter seems like Muzz is gone for a long time

Happened in game. Behind... well to the right of the Leafs net on or just below the goalline. He turned quickly and collided with the other player, don't remember who, but took a hard hit right to the head area. He went right to the room I believe. He had no idea the other player was there, and there no intent at all.

He needs to make some decisions on what he does next. As for LTIR, as others speculate I am sure the capologist has a plan.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Muzzin is taking an extended vacation at Robidas Island
This feels like a "lets get permanent cap relief" via LTIR type of move.

I always liked Muzz but we either need him on the roster every night or on LTIR. No in between. Need cap for a new top 4 d.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I haven't been cool headed enough this season so far... so trying to work on that.

The season is young. Cooler heads will prevail.

There's definitely some kinks to work out early this season. Many things could change though.

Matty goes on a heater soon (likely).. and Samsonov playing well (so far so good).

15 game mark. Then we'll have a good idea. A lot can happen in that time.

Look at all the injuries already and people were worried about cap. Now it's f***ed anyway. Muzzin looks cooked for a while so that'll cover guys coming back mostly.

Just trying to stay positive. This should be a good game tomorrow. I think the big boys show up. Sammy plays a good game. GLG

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I haven't been cool headed enough this season so far... so trying to work on that.

The season is young. Cooler heads will prevail.

There's definitely some kinks to work out early this season. Many things could change though.

Matty goes on a heater soon (likely).. and Samsonov playing well (so far so good).

15 game mark. Then we'll have a good idea. A lot can happen in that time.

Look at all the injuries already and people were worried about cap. Now it's f***ed anyway. Muzzin looks cooked for a while so that'll cover guys coming back mostly.

Just trying to stay positive. This should be a good game tomorrow. I think the big boys show up. Sammy plays a good game. GLG
You usually push the panic button around the 20 game mark not 4 game mark IMO. Yea we haven't looked good but indeed still a young season.

Personally if I see even if we had a winning record but still same crappy gameplay by the 20 game mark we should be worried.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You usually push the panic button around the 20 game mark not 4 game mark IMO. Yea we haven't looked good but indeed still a young season.

Personally if I see even if we had a winning record but still same crappy gameplay by the 20 game mark we should be worried.

Oilers haven't been great, but their stars have shown glimpses of "yep, that's McDavid/Draisaitl" play.

On the Leafs it's been Tavares looks a little better, and Nylander has played some defense along with his regular offense.

So when it comes down to best player in the league I've seen glimpses from McDavid, and nothing from Matthews that would change my mind.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Funny how this place is in complete meltdown because we're 2-2 after 4 games, and ironically, the people melting down the most are the people who have been saying all summer that the regular season doesn't matter.

I guess people didn't learn from last year, when we started the season 2-4-1, and still blew past our franchise record.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
The players need to give a crap. Until they start to care enough, they'll keep losing.

Last season they went something like 2-5 to start the season. They actually started to win after a game where Matthews and Rielly were shouting at each other on the bench.

Get angry, get pissed off or something. But for the love of your fans frikken show some pride out there.

You lost to the Coyotes. The team that will end in last place. And not regular loss. Embarrassing loss.

I want the team to play engaged, intelligent, intense hockey tonight. Win or lose I don't even care.

Just

Frikken

Try

Ffs.

Last edited:

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Funny how this place is in complete meltdown because we're 2-2 after 4 games, and ironically, the people melting down the most are the people who have been saying all summer that the regular season doesn't matter.

I guess people didn't learn from last year, when we started the season 2-4-1, and still blew past our franchise record.
I'm usually pretty level headed. But today I'm frustrated. As fans of this team, we deserve better. This team is so much better than what we saw Monday night.

It's not the losing. It's how completely trash they've been. How do you play so uninterested out there?

For Marner to even say we're adults is the straw for me. You guys sucked hard that game and were arguably only slightly better the previous games. Don't defend any of it. Accept it. Be better, move on. That's what adults do.

I know they'll pick it up. They'll end the season just fine. But these early give aways mean that they could regret this start. It'll be tough to repeat last season's November of 15-2 where they redeemed themselves.

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I think, well for me at least, it is not panic, it is pure disappointment. We know how this team has performed over past years against weaker opponents in both the season and playoffs... and when we saw the schedule for this season, there was a real opportunity to change the narrative around the group early in the season. But, they are exactly who they have shown us they are. Which to me, even after game 4 equates to the same result at seasons end. I don't think most of us are necessarily concerned the team is 2-and-2... it was the fact they could have pummeled at least three of these teams and instead, lost to two of them. So I am disappointed that this group seemingly has not learned anything and as such will be out in round 1.

Bit of stretch, but this Leaf-trauma is real and I am easily convinced that history is a great predictor of the future. Long season to go, but in four games, things seem to be holding true.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I'm usually pretty level headed. But today I'm frustrated. As fans of this team, we deserve better.
Why? Why are you, as fans of this team, entitled to not experience moments that every single team goes through? Heck, Tampa is currently dead last in the division.

Teams go through ups and downs. Sometimes teams start slow, and have trouble getting in sync, and get ridiculous game-deciding calls against them. That's life, and it doesn't mean they're trash, or not trying, or uninterested, or built wrong.
Accept it. Be better, move on. That's what adults do.
This is great advice for the people in this forum.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
I think, well for me at least, it is not panic, it is pure disappointment. We know how this team has performed over past years against weaker opponents in both the season and playoffs... and when we saw the schedule for this season, there was a real opportunity to change the narrative around the group early in the season. But, they are exactly who they have shown us they are. Which to me, even after game 4 equates to the same result at seasons end. I don't think most of us are necessarily concerned the team is 2-and-2... it was the fact they could have pummeled at least three of these teams and instead, lost to two of them. So I am disappointed that this group seemingly has not learned anything and as such will be out in round 1.

Bit of stretch, but this Leaf-trauma is real and I am easily convinced that history is a great predictor of the future. Long season to go, but in four games, things seem to be holding true.
I feel the same. I know the leafs will end high in the standings. But this lack of killer instinct against sub-par opponents (Habs and Coyotes) is very concerning

I was listening to a Leafs podcast and they mentioned killer instinct. How some teams will just trounce another team into the dirt.

This team has never shown a killer instinct in their recent history.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Why? Why are you, as fans of this team, entitled to not experience moments that every single team goes through? Heck, Tampa is currently dead last in the division.

Teams go through ups and downs. Sometimes teams start slow, and have trouble getting in sync, and get ridiculous game-deciding calls against them. That's life, and it doesn't mean they're trash, or not trying, or uninterested, or built wrong.

This is great advice for the people in this forum.
Tampa hadn't played like they're uninterested out there.

It's not the losses. Well a little. It's definitely how they are losing.

This team has something to prove. They know it. They feel it. And the players know we know it.

And yet they are barely competitive against 2 bottom feeder teams. Lose the game while competing and getting f***ed by the ref, fine. I wont be happy but I'll certainly won't be concerned.

But to be so uninvolved in those games is definitely concerning.

All I want tonight is for the best leaf's players, to be the best players on the ice. Win or lose, at least give a shit

Reactions: ToneDog

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I know this is a fan-favourite buzz word, but Toronto hasn't played like they're "uninterested". They've looked sloppy at times - missing shots, missing passes, missing assignments, out of sync, taking an extra second to think, etc. - but they're not uninterested, and play is never super polished for any team at the beginning of the season. Tampa has looked worse in their games in almost every way, so either you haven't watched them, or you have watched them and you're demonstrating the internal biases you apply to the Leafs.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The players need to give a crap. Until they start to care enough, they'll keep losing.

Last season they went something like 2-5 to start the season. They actually started to win after a game where Matthews and Rielly were shouting at each other on the bench.

Get angry, get pissed off or something. But for the love of your fans frikken show some pride out there.

You lost to the Coyotes. The team that will end in last place. And not regular loss. Embarrassing loss.

I want the team to play engaged, intelligent, intense hockey tonight. Win or lose I don't even care.

Just

Frikken

Try

Ffs.
Wasn't it Matthews basically telling Holl to f*** off out of town, that got us going last year?

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

It's not the losses. Well a little. It's definitely how they are losing.

This team has something to prove. They know it. They feel it. And the players know we know it.

And yet they are barely competitive against 2 bottom feeder teams. Lose the game while competing and getting f***ed by the ref, fine. I wont be happy but I'll certainly won't be concerned.

But to be so uninvolved in those games is definitely concerning.

All I want tonight is for the best leaf's players, to be the best players on the ice. Win or lose, at least give a shit
The players had a chance to change the narrative. They had an agenda and lied to each other. I hope they come out tonight on a crusade, but I fear the refs, media and fans will lose them this game. They'll be unlucky and Lou hands out bad contracts.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad