Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars vs Toronto Maple Leafs @ Scotia Bank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Not sad we don't have to deal with Otter. Nick being in is a bonus, he'll be flying.
While I haven't noticed it mentioned our top PP unit needs to make some noise.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Wow, 4th oldest with a thin prospect pool. What could go wrong ? The Genius is staggering. How to scuttle a build and get away with it 101, leaving the cupboards completely bare as Mathews walks.
Either the stars re-sign and all we really need are solid prospects to support them, not necessarily stars. Or they leave and hopefully management is prudent enough to trade them and re-stock the pipeline with prospects and picks. You can't assume zero value for any of the core.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs started last year at 2-4-1, so this isn't the first time the Leafs came out flat on a new season.

The Leafs turnaround happen when Jack Campbell went 9-2-0 in Nov posting a 1.27 GAA and .959 sv%. with 3 shutouts.

And the Leafs continued their pace when Campbell sucked ass. The point is, Campbell played really well during that stretch but he wasn't why our record was good. The team changed how it played and was more engaged defensively and physically from that point on.

Reactions: Mitchy

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I don't buy mid pack but rather closer to 20th myself but whatever. After the top 5, its either 3 or 4th liners, easy to get in FA or 6 and 7 Dmen. Also easy to get. The top end quality just isn't there outside Knies. The goalies are a complete unknown. I'm just not that excited about this years crop.
I guess a lot will depend on if Amirov can get healthy.

It certainly doesn't seem like they have any top end Dmen so hopefully one rise above their ceiling.

I still think looking at the teams who are below them that it's a consequence of always being in the playoffs.

All the teams below them are all playoff teams year in year out

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
We're getting Wedgewood... usually I'd be like f*** yeah... but they haven't shown much yet. It'd be a great game to pile on some goals though.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The players had a chance to change the narrative. They had an agenda and lied to each other. I hope they come out tonight on a crusade, but I fear the refs, media and fans will lose them this game. They'll be unlucky and Lou hands out bad contracts.
Well constructed.....had to read it a couple time to properly get it

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
This is hyperbole. Good teams have bad games against bad teams. And to claim we've never destroyed a bad opponent? Com eon now

Exactly, they put up a 10 spot against the Wings just last season. Sure they let Wings score 4 early in the 3rd to make a 7-2 lead 7-6, but that's ok right? They were able to hang on.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Exactly, they put up a 10 spot against the Wings just last season. Sure they let Wings score 4 early in the 3rd to make a 7-2 lead 7-6, but that's ok right? They were able to hang on.

I mean just last November alone they beat

LA 6-2
Sharks 4-1
Ducks 5-1
Sens 6-0

That is just in the first full month of the season lol. It is even more but I didn't want to be too loose with the teams I used so you could debate if they were good teams just doing bad. These were all teams in rebuilds.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I mean just last November alone they beat

LA 6-2
Sharks 4-1
Ducks 5-1
Sens 6-0

That is just in the first full month of the season lol. It is even more but I didn't want to be too loose with the teams I used so you could debate if they were good teams just doing bad. These were all teams in rebuilds.
Just out of curiosity were those Pacific Division wins on the road where a large number of fans are sleeping or did they give their paying fans a treat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad