Dallas Stars type game

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ah...such good memories. Great game. Amazing team chemistry. Hopefully we can replicate that band of brothers mentality this year since it was missing last year.

Still going to be so weird not having Looch on this team but I digress.

And I watched a lot of hockey last year and teams out west play like this most games. This type of play hasnt stopped. Its more rare but its still there. We just need to find that "us against the world" mentality. If every player buys into the team and it, it would benefit us greatly going forward. You cant re-create this former team. But you sure as hell can try. Play hard nosed hockey. Bring the hate each game. Stick up for your brothers and good things will happen.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Everytime Boston gets into a run and gun game we look awful. Give up goals left right and centre. No thanks. We dont have the speed or skill for that.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ah...such good memories. Great game. Amazing team chemistry. Hopefully we can replicate that band of brothers mentality this year since it was missing last year.

Still going to be so weird not having Looch on this team but I digress.

And I watched a lot of hockey last year and teams out west play like this most games. This type of play hasnt stopped. Its more rare but its still there. We just need to find that "us against the world" mentality. If every player buys into the team and it, it would benefit us greatly going forward. You cant re-create this former team. But you sure as hell can try. Play hard nosed hockey. Bring the hate each game. Stick up for your brothers and good things will happen.

Those things did wonders when you had the most dominant defenseman in the game, a Vezina goalie and a deep team with 3 lines that could score and a 4th that could hold it's own.

Sticking up for your brothers doesn't do a whole lot when you have crap defensemen and holes on the wings.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Those things did wonders when you had the most dominant defenseman in the game, a Vezina goalie and a deep team with 3 lines that could score and a 4th that could hold it's own.

Sticking up for your brothers doesn't do a whole lot when you have crap defensemen and holes on the wings.

nah but it`ll give us a whole lot to yakk about here;)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

According to you, sticking up for your brothers doesn't do a whole lot if you have the best team ever assembled; so what's your point? Besides shoehorning your anti-fighting agenda into yet another thread, that is.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
According to you, sticking up for your brothers doesn't do a whole lot if you have the best team ever assembled; so what's your point? Besides shoehorning your anti-fighting agenda into yet another thread, that is.

My point was clear. If it went over your head I'm sorry.

And other than the Crowders and Quackenbushes, what does brothers have to do with anything?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What happened in that game was spontaneous. Such a happening (remember that term?) just can't be recreated.

Agree.

You can't manufacture this stuff. It has to be real.

The B's can certainly build team chemistry, and a "pack mentality." That was, ultimately, what I loved most about this club in the Chiarelli/Julien era.

You can't recreate the past, but I will be very pleased if these Bruins play, and stick up for, one another.

It's probably a poor analogy, but I'm reminded of the "lunch pale a.c." they're going to have to play above their capabilities, and they'll have to fight for every last scrap.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My point was clear. If it went over your head I'm sorry.

And other than the Crowders and Quackenbushes, what does brothers have to do with anything?

Your point is always clear. My point is; if you have no use for fighting, ever, for any reason, it's a little disingenuous to be squawking about it being no use when you have crap defensemen and holes on the wing.

And you're the one who brought up brothers, Skippy. Not me. But I can understand how you would overlook the window dressing you used to veil your agenda.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I agree with op. This roster needs a Dallas game, a 2011 Montreal game, a whatever you want to call it but this team had no passion last season

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I have a feeling with Rinaldo we MAY have a game like this in the future. All you need on the ice is Kelly, Randell, McQuaid and it will happen.

Rinaldo checks someone borderline
One of the players on the team the Bruins are playing checks him back hard or borderline

Brawl.............

People need to be realistic........this team is not a playoff team.......a game like this will bring players together and unite.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I have a feeling with Rinaldo we MAY have a game like this in the future. All you need on the ice is Kelly, Randell, McQuaid and it will happen.

One of the players on the team the Bruins are playing checks him back hard or borderline

Brawl.............

People need to be realistic........this team is not a playoff team.......a game like this will bring players together and unite.

Possibly. But don't you think that (if as you say, Rinaldo will initiate something) that it could be the OTHER team that benefits from such case? Can't it bring the other team together?

I study was done looking at fights and whether or not they gave a team an emotional list that resulted in a goal shortly after. No correlation was found. Now of course maybe there are some non-goal effects, but I think the idea of a fight only helping 1 team is illogical.

Either it can help both teams or none, and if it can help both teams, what is the benefit of it?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Why do you only bring up studies? Can you form your own opinion on this? I know what I have seen while watching hockey and hockey games.

Did Rome's cheap shot NOT bring the Bruins together? Did their brawls with other teams not bring them together?

IDC about studies..........I care about what I see with my own eyes.....

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They should have had a "Dallas" game against Montreal last year, instead it was the Habs that bullied the Bruins and beat them on the scoreboard. Between Weise pumping Campbell, Beaulieu KOing Fraser and Subban giving Lucic every opportunity to drop the gloves, it was just depressing to watch.

That said, we have a group of guys on the team this year that will stir that pot and not allow that crap to happen. McQuaid, Rinaldo, Randell & to a lesser extent, Beleskey.

Lets just say that the team they have this year cannot be as soft and as passive as the Boston Hurriwings were last year.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Subban wouldn't drop the gloves with Looch. He was baiting him. I wish McQuaid and Miller went toe to toe with a few Habs last year.

Hope Rinaldo runs Weisse or Emelin and one of them tries to fight him so Randell or McQuaid steps in.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Subban wouldn't drop the gloves with Looch. He was baiting him. I wish McQuaid and Miller went toe to toe with a few Habs last year.

Hope Rinaldo runs Weisse or Emelin and one of them tries to fight him so Randell or McQuaid steps in.

Regardless, Lucic should have pounded him right on the spot.

Black and Gold 84

Sep 16, 2015

Brawl.............

I'd love to Rinaldo sucker Roussel again.. got I hate Roussel.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Possibly. But don't you think that (if as you say, Rinaldo will initiate something) that it could be the OTHER team that benefits from such case? Can't it bring the other team together?

I study was done looking at fights and whether or not they gave a team an emotional list that resulted in a goal shortly after. No correlation was found. Now of course maybe there are some non-goal effects, but I think the idea of a fight only helping 1 team is illogical.

Either it can help both teams or none, and if it can help both teams, what is the benefit of it?

This type of game that is being looked for isn't about winning that game. If a game like that shown in the OP between Dallas and the Bruins helped both teams over the long term then so be it.

The point is to bring the team together as a team for the entire season or over multiple seasons not about winning that particular game.

I agree with others that a game like that is very rare. It made that Bruins team a team for the long term and with so little turnover on that roster over a span of years it did a lot of good for the Bruins. If it did the same for Dallas it would still be worth the trade off since they play in the west and making them a better team really doesn't impact the Bruins all that much.

iiBruins17*

Fighting wise

Randell = Thornton
Mcquaid << Looch
Rinaldo (anybody's better fighter than campbell lol)>>>>>>>>>>>>> Campbell
Beleskey > Horton
Miller >>>> Ference

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
You need a pack mentality. It makes players push beyond the norm for the sake of the team.
It would help if we could play the Montréal Canadiens more than twice a season. Florida Detroit Tampa games don't do a lot to get folks excited

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad