GDT: Dallas Stars @ Detroit Red Wings - 10/28 5:00 EST - FS-D

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
I predict we are going on a 60-game winning streak and winning the President's Trophy. Oh, just kidding.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I was at the game. Saw Marty Turco at one of the bars on the concourse. Did the Turco chant as I walked by. He laughed and said “good one.” Then about 10 minutes later I was standing at the bar ordering another drink and this guy comes up and creepily whispers “Turrrcoooooooo” right next to me. It was Marty. Lol. Guys a funny cat. Was a great night.

Good ol' Soo boy. Best combination you can find.. Greyhounds and Wings !

Reactions: loojay

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Best third period of the year for sure

Definitely, and not just the goals. 1/2 way through the 3rd the boys were all skating really well, got into that NHL "flow" as I call it.

There was a semi-load of luck involved but the Wings earned their part of the win. Radulov out helped for sure.

Larkin is a freak. I think he took the "superstar" comments personal :).

AA had like 10 turnovers trying to go 1-on-1. I admire his confidence but if it's not working cut it out. What's scary is that in a few years he might be pulling those off regularly- but for now please stop.

Green is rusty but IMO is the only D besides Cholowski that can impact the game. He did a nice job intercepting passes, also had a few good pinches and offensive drives.

I looked it up and read that in Austrian, Vanek means "constipated frog". He needs to be taken off of Nielsen and AA's line pronto.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Definitely, and not just the goals. 1/2 way through the 3rd the boys were all skating really well, got into that NHL "flow" as I call it.

There was a semi-load of luck involved but the Wings earned their part of the win. Radulov out helped for sure.

Larkin is a freak. I think he took the "superstar" comments personal :).

AA had like 10 turnovers trying to go 1-on-1. I admire his confidence but if it's not working cut it out. What's scary is that in a few years he might be pulling those off regularly- but for now please stop.

Green is rusty but IMO is the only D besides Cholowski that can impact the game. He did a nice job intercepting passes, also had a few good pinches and offensive drives.

I looked it up and read that in Austrian, Vanek means "constipated frog". He needs to be taken off of Nielsen and AA's line pronto.
You have discovered a new language: "Austrian." They speak German over there.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets
Oct 18, 2006
Thought De La Rose played well. Certainly had some presence to his game.
Thought he was great. Very impressed with his skating, awareness, and physicality. Tick from me.

Overall a nice win, but for the most part a pretty lackluster game. Was nice to see Mantha get on the board.

Rasmussen made some nice plays early, but then had some really poor giveaways late. Mixed bag.

Athanasiou couldn't control the puck tonight, tough game for him. Effort was there, some nice defensive plays, but just couldn't generate anything. He'll bounce back.

Reactions: lilidk

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Thought he was great. Very impressed with his skating, awareness, and physicality. Tick from me.

Overall a nice win, but for the most part a pretty lackluster game. Was nice to see Mantha get on the board.

Rasmussen made some nice plays early, but then had some really poor giveaways late. Mixed bag.

Athanasiou couldn't control the puck tonight, tough game for him. Effort was there, some nice defensive plays, but just couldn't generate anything. He'll bounce back.

i have to say, frans nielsen has played his best red wings hockey the last few games after his terrible start. He's pretty solid right now

Oct 18, 2006
i have to say, frans nielsen has played his best red wings hockey the last few games after his terrible start. He's pretty solid right now
I’m quick to rag on him, and generally he deserves it, but I do agree with this. He’s looked much better.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You have discovered a new language: "Austrian." They speak German over there.
"Austrian" is definitely a language. Ok, technically a dialect, but someone who speaks German cannot necessarily speak or understand Austrian.

Source: in-laws are Austrian.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Ben Bishop: "It’s really unacceptable, to be honest. We come in here against a team that’s been struggling and we go out and kind of just play to their level."

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Ben Bishop: "It’s really unacceptable, to be honest. We come in here against a team that’s been struggling and we go out and kind of just play to their level."

What do you expect him to say? They lost to a team that they have more talent than.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Bishop isn't wrong, but the Stars haven't exactly been amazing this year, either.

Seguin and Benn have been playing well under their expectations, in particular. They were barely a factor last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad