Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres 3PM 10.14.2019

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
I expect to see adjustments in the PP after going 0fer against the panthers. Teams are quickly picking up what works against BUF.
Teams are quickly picking up what works against BUF. ???? did you mean to write team? they've played 5 games, they haven't scored a pp in one of those, the last one, so now it's time to shake up the pp?? :huh:. So I guess your definition of quickly is 4 games. I want to see Rasmus, Jack, Sam, Victor, and Jeff for 99% of the first team pp unit this year, barring injuries.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Teams are quickly picking up what works against BUF. ???? did you mean to write team? they've played 5 games, they haven't scored a pp in one of those, the last one, so now it's time to shake up the pp?? :huh:. So I guess your definition of quickly is 4 games. I want to see Rasmus, Jack, Sam, Victor, and Jeff for 99% of the first team pp unit this year, barring injuries.
I think the poster meant adjustments by the players and not who the players are. Everyone seems to be looking to get Olofsson the shot on the PP which has been working. Maybe right now the guys decide to shoot a little more if they are cheating on Olofsson. Try to create some traffic in front if the cross ice pass isn’t working etc.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This is going to be a tough game. Dallas should break out of this funk soon. It's just a matter of when.

Oh damn, I didnt realize they had Sekera. He was a good defenseman for us. I wonder how he's doing with the Stars?

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
This is going to be a tough game. Dallas should break out of this funk soon. It's just a matter of when.

Oh damn, I didnt realize they had Sekera. He was a good defenseman for us. I wonder how he's doing with the Stars?
Injured, or soon to be injured.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I expect to see adjustments in the PP after going 0fer against the panthers. Teams are quickly picking up what works against BUF.
Even the greatest PP imaginable is going to have plenty of scoreless games. I wouldn't worry about it until it is a trend.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don’t believe this to be true at all. We are running a PP with a lot of skill. We will have dominate games and not dominate games on the PP. can’t expect to run at 64% all the time.

If teams could solve buffalos PP in 4 games then why has it been 10 years to solve the Ovi PP.

Agreed, they could have had a couple in Florida. Reinhart gave Olofsson an open net that VO seems to never miss.

This pp should kill it moat of the year, Olofsson and Dahlin are perfect adds of playmaking and finishing opposite of Eichel. With low finishers like Reinhart and Skinner,. I'm not really sure what is a good game plan against them. Play fast and tight, and every guy on the ice is capable of either embarrassing you with a deke or making a quick pass to an extremely dangerous player.

Play soft and everyone but Skinner can make a perfect pass thru traffic.

Damn that pp is fun.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I really don’t understand why they insist on doing the Columbus Day game during the day. 80% of society still has to go to work.

Yeah, I’m the old man yelling at clouds.
well, those hockey fans with little kid hockey fans have a great matinee opportunity which doesn’t come that often for them.

I took a vacation day for a totally unrelated personal reason which occupied my morning. So this is a lovely coincidence that I get to spend my afternoon watching hockey!
I originally thought this game was on road start of west coast trip.

Was traveling for work last week / 60 hour week decided to take today off to catch up at home, dentist apt., dr. Apt, truck maintenance, have new fridge delivered. Sabres game is a bonus. Unfortunately fridge delivery delayed and caused me to miss truck apt and delivery now delayed til late afternoon so probably 2nd period of game.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I liked Olofsson on the power play. It didn't work out last game but I hope Kreuger sticks with it. Olofsson seems deadly in the slot.
He Krueger ain't takin no loss sire. He kepsing it treal, I mean real and keeping it together, I mean y'all ain't even losing like never. Y'all ain't losing. This team doing thangs and moving thangs. Oloffson finna show his skill thang tonight for surely again. He one of the best rookies in the world. His family proud son. Real proud. Do your thang and make a challenge. Invest.
Hutton is btw winning 15 of his like 22 last starts in buffalo. Dat there some hard dirt baby.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It will come down to someone parsing out primary vs. secondary assists or something. :biglaugh:

Dahlin rub out on the wall was average, but Miro's poke check was next level... Or the opposite variation.

I don't think I've liked two young defenders this much and saw so many weird arguments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad