GDT: Dallas @ Oilers - The DILLIGAF editon 7:00PM MST SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Welp.

If this team actually wants to make a statement, tonight would be a good night to do it.

Playing the best in the West on the ass end of back to backs. Find a killer instinct somewhere and get it done.

4-3 Edmonton win. JJ Khaira first NHL goal.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
I don't have high expectations for tonight... Dallas has become the team that everyone was waiting for them to be, this year.

Jun 9, 2011
Go Oil. There were some near misses last game for RNH and Eberle, tonight maybe those plays end up in the net for them.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011

Interesting stat. If you look to his past performance, he has been pretty consistently in the 45-50% range. Outliers being this year and his rookie year(low) and his sophmore year(high). Judging by that he is likely to see this improve as the season progresses, though it will likely still be a low end outlier at seasons end.

Last edited:

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Disagree. Doan is a class act who sometimes crosses the line. Benn is a punk with a temper

Class act? I think not. He gets away with so much crap.

For example:
Doan has done some amazing things for Phoenix/Arizona as a leader, especially off the ice but I really disagree with people calling him a class act all the time.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Here's my view on benn and doan.

I absolutely despise Doan, I think he is one of the biggest phonys in the NHL. All he ever does is cry, but the reason I hate him is during the 2013 half lockout, when he was crying like a little ***** about not making enough money like some of the other players (Gorges, Upshall, Toews to a certain extent).

I absolutely adore Benn because he is exactly the type of player that could change the wussy culture in our locker room. Furthermore, he dummied Backes a bunch of times and I hate backes. To me, Benn is an alpha male on the ice, something no oiler has the potential to be with the exception of nurse, which is probably why so many people love nurse

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Welp.

If this team actually wants to make a statement, tonight would be a good night to do it.

Playing the best in the West on the ass end of back to backs. Find a killer instinct somewhere and get it done.

3-1 Oilers. Help from the bottom 6 continues, and the first goal for Kharia. Gonna say Hall and Schultz score the other 2.

I like yer style.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Going to the game tonight and the last two I have gone to we've won 3-1 and 5-1 so Im expecting some high scoring to keep it up

5-3 Oilers
Hallx3 (and 1 assist), Draisaitl, Sekera
Seguinx3

Battle of the 2010 draft

:popcorn::naughty:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Welp.

every time the oilers have a chance to make a statement they stink the joint out.

their statement is a giant turd.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Just found out via Stars GDT that they literally only lose to bottom feeders and middle of the pack teams.

Losses (including OT/SO): CGY (SO), OTT, TOR (x2!), FLA, COL.

I changed my mind, Oilers win tonight.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Definitely want to be drinking while watching tonight...

Here's a game day song... The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

I'm getting old and out of touch.
I thought the weeknd was a boy band like the wanted or one direction.
:laugh:

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
I'm getting old and out of touch.
I thought the weeknd was a boy band like the wanted or one direction.
:laugh:

When a friend of mine told me she was going to Ariann Grande (sp?), I asked for how long and if that resort was in Mexico or not. It was a concert apparently.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Friday night, no responsibilities tomorrow morning, and 4/5ths of a bottle of Glenfidditch at home.

Win or lose, I win. :laugh:

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Dallas should be good for 3 or 4 goals tonight, so this one is as good as over. Our anemic offence will be lucky to get 1 or 2. Too bad we never drafted any high end offensive forwards:sarcasm:

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009
Benn pretty much does whatever he wants out there, that won't be changing tonight.

Nichuskin is a guy that would look good on the Oilers, big body willing to take the puck to the net.

Don't see how this one turns out well, perhaps Nilsson will stay hot and give us a chance to win.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Benn pretty much does whatever he wants out there, that won't be changing tonight.

Nichuskin is a guy that would look good on the Oilers, big body willing to take the puck to the net.

Don't see how this one turns out well, perhaps Nilsson will stay hot and give us a chance to win.

He had a beastly goal against the Nucks last night. Still happy we took Nurse though.

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009
He had a beastly goal against the Nucks last night. Still happy we took Nurse though.

Yea, I wasn't criticizing Nurse, I just like how Nichuskin plays. It will be interesting to see how he tracks coming back from a major injury last year. From the viewings I've had he looked to be very difficult to contain, when he's playing with Benn and Seguin it's pretty lethal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

We have a chance, everybody. :sarcasm:

Hopefully Benn doesn't pull a tantrum if Hall or anybody hits him again. :laugh:

Hahaha wow. Tonight is going to be a blood bath for the Stars. Central is the best division in hockey and Stars are atop it. Oilers are in last place in the worst conference

4-1 Stars. Could be 7-0 but they fall asleep after the first since its so easy and we score with 1 minute to go

Hendricks of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad