Dallas Eakins career coaching record in the NHL is abysmal : 83 wins, 158 losses, .333

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I thought he was trying to explain how to start a cycle, and that you can go to either corner, to an NHL forward. :huh::laugh:

I thi k you whre more accurate, I explained it poorly. It looks goofy because its speeded up to 1.5 to 2.å times the normal speed. Had seen worse drawings

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
13-14 Oilers - missed the play-offs
14-15 Oilers - fired
19-20 Ducks - missed the play-offs
20-21 Ducks - missed the play-offs

83 wins, 158 losses (83-132-32) .333

----

2013 -> 2015 he played mind games with several 1st overall, 1st round selected and other players
most notoriously; Nail Yakupov, Taylor Hall and RNH

2019 -> Ritchie, Kase, Sprong, Terry, Steel, Petterson
all 6 had a very promising starts as Ducks, before Eakins arrived

Now Ritchie, Kase, Sprong, Petterson are all gone, Steel & Terry's development has stalled
the only one that Eakins has not yet "ruined" is, Max Comtois.

Ducks like, Rakell, Silvferberg, Henrique, all have declined under Eakins...
same could be said about John Gibson as well

I fear of the future, possible super stars; Zegras & Drysdale...
also, Comtois as well

----

Why did Ducks signed Dallas Eakins as their head coach???, i wondered it then, i still do
Sure, Ducks suck, their roster is no good, but they have possible stars, super stars in that roster,
prospects of now.

Yes, really can't say how Eakins would do with a better Ducks roster,' cause he has never had one for the first place but...but what he did in Edmonton... i thought his NHL coaching career was done for.
Rick Tocchet:

438‬ NHL games coached. 178‬ wins and 260 losses. 0.406 W% - only playoff appearance in the COVID bubble, where they qualified by beating Nashville in a best of five play-in round. They were immediately shellacked by Colorado in 5 games. Losing games four and five both by a score of 7-2 in one of the biggest playoff mismatches in recent history.

He didn't get another NHL head coaching gig this off-season but he was reportedly on the final three list for every single open position. At least Eakin was an AHL call-up for Anaheim after having organizational success with their minor-league team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Rosters no, but talented players yes
in edmonton the most talented players he coached were hall and eberle. in anaheim it's been gibson and rakell? getzlaf maybe?

it'd be interesting to see what he'd do with an actual playoff contender roster

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Probably better as an AHL coach where his weird temperament is not challenged or ignored by young players or fringe guys.

Last edited:

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
I thi k you whre more accurate, I explained it poorly. It looks goofy because its speeded up to 1.5 to 2.å times the normal speed. Had seen worse drawings
Don't get me wrong, I was agreeing with you. If that is what he's diagramming that's insane considering these guys have been doing it since they were 8 or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad