Dallas Eakins….He Was So Bad That He Actually Turned The Franchise Around

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I strongly believe that without Eakins the Oilers would not be drafting McDavid and MacT might still be the GM.

MacT was a bad GM but hiring Eakins was easily his worst move and it put him into the terrible GM category because of the on ice results.

The Oilers were so bad during the MacT/Eakins era that old boys club is finally being phased out and are being replaced by competent people that will turn the franchise around

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I often recall with a shudder how much of an idiot Eakins was. MacT actually made a lot of decent decisions but his attachment to Eakins trumped all good.

I will always remember a timeout late in a game, we were down by a goal with a just a minute or two to go and seeing him standing there looking all high and mighty but not saying a word. Meanwhile he was giving the other teams defensive players the rest they needed. Eakins was rock bottom, he was the anti coach. I honestly don't think he will ever get a head coaching job again, with his little flip over hairdo (biggest reaction ever on the bench was when he got some water splashed on it- unreal).

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
All hail Ikinzom! Praise his name for wasting the developmental years of our kids, entrenching the ideals of losing and apathy! We owe him our full and unpretending gratitude.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
All hail Ikinzom! Praise his name for wasting the developmental years of our kids, entrenching the ideals of losing and apathy! We owe him our full and unpretending gratitude.

well i would like to thank him for McDavid, but Nelson gets equal thanks for turning the team around to win enough games for our lucky spot, if we kept Eakins we would be drafting Eichel or Hani/Strome/Marner

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Thread title says it all. Eakins caused so much damage that he caused a complete organizational house cleaning, including the OBC. We lucked out with Draisaitl and Mcdavid but it still remains if he ruined Yakupov and Schultz.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
**** Eakins , **** Mac T as a GM mostly because he could not quit Eakins . The Broken Back mountain photo shop was perfectly fitting .
I just hope the damage Eakins has done can be coached out of Schultz,Yak,Eberle,Hall,Draisaitl,RNH and his system can be purged from their brains .
I get pissed overtime i see an Eakins thread . I am glad i am living in Halifax or you guys would have seen me be dragged out of the arena .

Last edited:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Exclusive footage of Ikinzom.... It might be difficult to recognize him as he has really let himself go. Trust me, it is him and he has done some serious soul searching....

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain where "ikinzon" came from? Must have missed the memo.

His post game interviews used to make my blood boil. Good ****ing riddance.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I strongly believe that without Eakins the Oilers would not be drafting McDavid and MacT might still be the GM.

MacT was a bad GM but hiring Eakins was easily his worst move and it put him into the terrible GM category because of the on ice results.

The Oilers were so bad during the MacT/Eakins era that old boys club is finally being phased out and are being replaced by competent people that will turn the franchise around

Funny as it sounds, yes, it Eakins was MacT's easily best move: 1) it helped to get rid of MacT 2) it speeded up the re-build by landing the Oilers MacDavid and Draisaitl.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Dallas was a hero. Not the hero we deserved, but the one that we needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad