GDT: Dallas Does Dube? Dube Does Dallas? Whatever. Stars @ Flames, November 30 7:00 MT, Sportsnet One

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If the powerplay wasn’t so horrible, he’d have a lot more points
To be fair he I'd say he contributes to that. Atm he's being used as a net front presence which isn't his usual game.

But even when he wasn't he was a turnover machine on the PP.

Still, he's really stepped it up at even strength. A lot more of his passes are connecting and that's a big improvement in and of itself.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
This feeling of optimism is icky.
Lol, my optimism to be fair comes more from actually being an entertaining team to watch than expectations of making the playoffs

Kadri, Huberdeau, who were pretty bad for large stretches of last season and to start this season, seeing them play better is always nice to see. Markstroms vast improvement from last season, Weegar looking more dangerous offensively.. Not to mention the young players looking good.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Huberdeau was absolutely fantastic today. Keep err going buddy!

This team is fun too watch and has shown the ability to hang with the big boys. Nice to see.
Huby is volatile: last season was just a disaster with coaching, but I think this year's depressed output is just his usual up and down slump. 2021-2022 was the only season I can remember him not going AWOL for a good stretch

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Huby is volatile: last season was just a disaster with coaching, but I think this year's depressed output is just his usual up and down slump. 2021-2022 was the only season I can remember him not going AWOL for a good stretch

TBH, I've liked quite a bit of what I saw last season even if the points weren't showing up. I liked quite a bit of what I saw this season too even if again, the points weren't there.

I also don't completely see a player moping and mailing it in. He's trying and attempting hard to evolve his game to stay relevant but also adjust to the team style, but he's limited in what he is capable of doing due to the nature of his talent.

I'd like to see a little more sandpaper this season like last season, but if removing that facet to his game to increase point totals in a positive +/- manner is required, I'm all for that too. I'm also quite happy to see him shooting the way he does.

Reactions: Felidae

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
TBH, I've liked quite a bit of what I saw last season even if the points weren't showing up. I liked quite a bit of what I saw this season too even if again, the points weren't there.

I also don't completely see a player moping and mailing it in. He's trying and attempting hard to evolve his game to stay relevant but also adjust to the team style, but he's limited in what he is capable of doing due to the nature of his talent.

I'd like to see a little more sandpaper this season like last season, but if removing that facet to his game to increase point totals in a positive +/- manner is required, I'm all for that too. I'm also quite happy to see him shooting the way he does.
Sandpaper and Huby don't go together: when he gets mad, he skills it up (A few years ago Zadorov cheapshotted Hawyrluk and knocked him out of the game; Huby was pissed and took over)

Last season was a struggle with his style: he plays very open and that's not Sutter.

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad