Post-Game Talk: Dallas 3, Edmonton 2 - "I miss losing to the stars in the playoffs"

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Long thread and I haven't read it all. Did the guy with the sign get booted or told to take it down?

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Some arenas don't allow derogatory signs. I don't know what happens when it's derogatory against the visiting team.

Here is the sign.

B3VemlyCAAEcCPX.jpg

I don't see anything derogatory or slanderous there. Looks like one persons opinion.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Trade requests are coming, if not already made. They are all wasting their lives playing for a team which has a system of giving up five alarm chances.

******* corsi and advanced stats when opposing players are left wide open in the slot as you defend worthless area on the boards.

And as for seguin. He was always talented but didnt play bruin hockey. He shyed away from the danger zone and you cant do that on a team where every other player, your peers, pays the price.
Eberle does NOT equal Reilly Smith(instantly was second to Iginla in goal scoring, LE who is two way responsible and great hands, and Morrow and draft pick.)
Its not like the Bruins didnt know Seguin was going to be good. They are quite happy with another blue chip in their wealth of d prospects. They are quite hapoy with Reilly, and quite happy with LE.
That was probably the purest hockey trade ive ever seen and both teams got what they needed.

Btw, if you dont know i am a bruin fan.
gee cant tell you are a bruins fan. and a blind one at that. i too am a bruins fan and i can tell you and everyone else (well most dont need to be told), that the bruins got hosed on that deal. eriksson has been useless, smith is a dime a dozen guy, and fraser is a career ahler, morrow has top 4 dman upside...yippee skippee.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Bruce McCurdy ‏@BruceMcCurdy 6m6 minutes ago
Ray Ferraro names 3 examples where Schultz, Hall, Eberle should have been benched for dumb plays & he is bang on for all 3 examples he gave

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Bruce McCurdy ‏@BruceMcCurdy 6m6 minutes ago
Ray Ferraro names 3 examples where Schultz, Hall, Eberle should have been benched for dumb plays & he is bang on for all 3 examples he gave

was this a radio interview or something? I'd like to listen, love hearing Rays comments.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That is what I wanna do. I will tell ya what. You give them a call and we can be their scouts. I will scout the Quebec league since I live in NS. We can't be worse then this joke. If you want a laugh, go on www.hockeydb.com and look at the Oilers draft record. Don't go back to the Doan year, that would cause massive riots. We don't need another Ferguson on our hands. Go back to the year Gagner was drafted in 07. We had 3 (you heard it 3) 1st round picks. What did we get, garbage. How about 03 in Pouliot. In these cases, both these players played with elite players in Crosby and Kane. I mean cmon, we could have scored on those lines.

What I am getting at is this is beyond pathetic. Call me an arm-chair qb but I watched the 2003 Memorial Cup when London won and Corey Perry was unreal. He was available at #22 in draft, but we went with Pouliot. IN 2007, would Couture, Vorachek, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Pacioretty, Blum, Subban, Simmonds, etc look better then Gagner, Plante and Nash? I will let you do the math
That 2007 draft was a weird draft. Guys like Esposito and Cherapanov were supposed to go much higher than they did and they kept falling. Esposito busted and we all know what happened to Cherapanov. Just a lousy year for first round picks outside of Kane. Not surprising to me that some of the best talent that year came from later rounds, nobody stood out. Figures that was the year we had 3 picks.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
That 2007 draft was a weird draft. Guys like Esposito and Cherapanov were supposed to go much higher than they did and they kept falling. Esposito busted and we all know what happened to Cherapanov. Just a lousy year for first round picks outside of Kane. Not surprising to me that some of the best talent that year came from later rounds, nobody stood out. Figures that was the year we had 3 picks.

Perry stood out in junior. How would we look with him now?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

JVR didn't turn out that badly either.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
was this a radio interview or something? I'd like to listen, love hearing Rays comments.

You'd think Ray would be sick of pointing of what's wrong with the Oilers. I'm guessing it's more of the same stuff. He's not wrong, because it's almost impossible to be wrong, unless you're in charge of this crud-filled group.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

By the way, this has always bugged me. Aren't there ECG/EKG or echocardiogram tests done on players at the draft? I still don't understand how it ended the way it did.

DesiFever

Sep 17, 2006
City of Champs
Some arenas don't allow derogatory signs. I don't know what happens when it's derogatory against the visiting team.

No didnt get kicked out. The staff looked at it when I brought it in and had a good chuckle with it. All game at least 7-10 of the Stars players read the sign and had a good laugh. They all know how bad this organization is. Only people that didn't seem impressed were Lindy Ruff and Eakins when I put it in his face after the 1st intermission.

Although I'm sure I will now be on the Rexall ex-communicated list. Was worth the cause.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00