Daley and Ericsson will not return next season

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I echo the (positive) sentiments from people here. All the best to Big E.

Converted to a defenseman as a 19 year-old, taken dead last in a draft round they don't even have anymore, and had a respectable 12 year career as a stay at home d-man. He played through a mangled finger and bad hips and was regularly asked to play above his depth.

As for Daley, I also echo the sentiment of others here. It just never worked out. He went from ok to awful quickly here.

One of my favorite early Ericsson memories:

Ericsson was new to the league so spot-picker Perry probably thought he was going after some soft Swede who wouldn't respond.

Reactions: kliq and KJoe88

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Thanks Big E.

upload_2020-9-27_15-17-12.png

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Glad to see the comments here are appreciative for Ericsson, the contract and usage werent his fault but he always went out and tried to fill whatever slot Detroit asked him too. Played above his talent level after Lidstrom retired but he did okay until injuries affected him. All the best to Big E wherever he ends up.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
obviously wish him the best, but i dont get all the dick sucking. He was pretty soft in front of the net for a big tough guy.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
All the respect for Big E. I loved to shit on him but for being last in his draft he was a hell of a player

Not his fault Holland overpaid him and the coaches somehow couldn’t find the right way to insert him but he hang in

Daley, on the other hand...

Good riddance. Overpaid and lazy that got lucky in Pittsburg

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Late to the party, but glad to see the warm reception for Ericsson. Dude was an absolute warrior.

I gained a new appreciation for him this season after I read a (I think) Khan article about the struggles he was having this year. Dude could've hung them up and hit LTIR but wanted to contribute and be a part of the team any way possible, but kept dealing with setbacks and freak injuries to his face that kept him out. When he got sent to GR, he declined an offer for a place to live there and commuted from wherever all the Swedish Wings live to GR everyday so he could stay with his family but still work to get back to the NHL team or simply lend some wisdom to the kids on the farm.

Once he finally got past all the injuries and had a chance to enjoy playing again, the rest of his season got cancelled.

After all that I really hope the Wings have job lined up for him in the FO.

As for Daley... I actually hated that signing at first, but came around a bit when he and Ericsson made a surprisingly decent pairing in that first year. Then the team seemed to play better when he, DDK and Green were healthy early in the 2nd year. Then he really fell off after all the injuries that season and was never the same. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done either.

Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad