Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Weise has a knack of emulating the look or facial expressions of certain Habs greats without having to deliver on their performances.

Screen-shot-2015-04-15-at-9.45.56-AM-600x596.png

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Habs were not willing to give him what Philly gave him a few years ago. Because after the trade, Habs were interested in bringing Weise back as a UFA that summer, but they weren't ready to offer what he was asking for.

So instead of giving him 4 x $2.35M, Habs get him for 1.5 x $2.35M. If he doesn't end up getting traded before his contract is up again.
Also dumping Shleprock in the process and apparently Folin is serviceable

Reactions: Adam Michaels

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I’m not sure what happened to him when he left here and I can see most Flyer fans are happy he is gone, but he is only 30, he played very well for us, and he seems to be exactly what you need to play on the fourth line. I’m hopeful he can be that guy I remember when he is brought up.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
No reason Weezer cant replace D-Lo who is playing like what got him booted from Buffalo.

Dont need much but D-lo is producing worse than most AHL face punchers would.

And Dale loved MTL and brought energy so i welcome him back with open arms

Reactions: montreal

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’m not sure what happened to him when he left here and I can see most Flyer fans are happy he is gone, but he is only 30, he played very well for us, and he seems to be exactly what you need to play on the fourth line. I’m hopeful he can be that guy I remember when he is brought up.

He wasn't doing much in Vancouver when he got here the first time either. The 4th line needs a makeover, and he could be a good fit there. Still need a 4C.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He wasn't doing much in Vancouver when he got here the first time either. The 4th line needs a makeover, and he could be a good fit there. Still need a 4C.
According to most Flyers fans, Weise was useless except for the rare instances when he turned on the intensity. If we're lucky, that means he was simply unmotivated just like he was in Vancouver. If his problems in Philly were mental, returning to Montreal might flip his gears back to the same physical, clutch player we saw five years ago.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
According to most Flyers fans, Weise was useless except for the rare instances when he turned on the intensity. If we're lucky, that means he was simply unmotivated just like he was in Vancouver. If his problems in Philly were mental, returning to Montreal might flip his gears back to the same physical, clutch player we saw five years ago.

Yeah but hes 30 now. Does he keep Himself in the same physical condition as he used to be?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Agreed completely, and worth a shot considering what was given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad