Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The Prince of Chins.

weise.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sign me up for a line of DLo-Shaw-Weise.

I wouldn't mind them getting Derek Grant out of Anaheim for that 4C role.
- 28 years old, 6'3" and 215 lbs. He's an impending UFA @$650K.

Or Glendening out of Detroit to add a right-shooting center. Great at face-offs (56.3% average this season, 58% last season).
- 29 years old, 5'11" & 192 lbs. He has two more seasons at $1.8M

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
A fourth line of Shaw centering Deslauriers and Weise sounds nasty to play against.

Absolutely!! Send this to CJ asap!!

Once he gets a few AHL games in, he will be with the Habs!!

We can just hear Pierre Houde now.........deslouise!!

Shaw is a lot more effective when he plays on the wing IMO.

When he plays at center and needs to focus on defensive assignment, he can't go crazy on the boards and in the corners or be in front of the net all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennisMenace

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
This is a no lose trade. Schlemko was not going to be on the roster. He had fallen pretty far down the depth chart. The only way that he would have gotten any playing time would be if the Habs back end had a slew of injuries. And even then if he would have been called up he would not have been a difference maker.

Now I believe that Weise will be called up and will be able to play on the fourth line. I am not expecting much out of him though. The thing is that Weise was a very liked player in the dressing room. I am sure that the players who have been here for a few years will be very happy that he is back.

Reactions: donghabs98

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs were not willing to give him what Philly gave him a few years ago. Because after the trade, Habs were interested in bringing Weise back as a UFA that summer, but they weren't ready to offer what he was asking for.

So instead of giving him 4 x $2.35M, Habs get him for 1.5 x $2.35M. If he doesn't end up getting traded before his contract is up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad