Speculation: Dale Weise: "I'm not going to lie, I know there's a good chance I'll be traded."

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Love Dale. He loves being a Montreal Canadien but at the price Polak just went for you deal any expiring contracts. If Gilbert can land a 4th or better you do it. Weise should be worth a second with a plus based on what Polak just landed.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Trading a player that excels beyond mere talent, with his desire, work ethic, love for his team (Habs & teammates) isn't how one builds team character and a winning mentality, far from the right way, actually the exact opposite IMHO. That would be abandoning the rebuilding plan, unless the draft picks bring the team a far greater asset in the long term. Something Bergevin has been doing since becoming GM with great aplomb, IMHO. With the player evaluating team he's acquired to assist him, Marc & Crew are doing a great job, it would be truly disappointing for this Hab fan to lose a player of such distinction (Character,Work Ethic, Desire) as Dale Weise, hoping this isn't necessary. Go Habs Go & Go Bergy Go, in the Habs I believe and always will.:yo::yo::yo:

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Craig Custance said that he was told by a GM that the asking price for Weise is a 2nd and a 3rd.

link:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I thought it was a 2nd OR a 3rd but with what Polak fetched, I believe it's not a typo after all.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Does price go up now?

Doubt it. I'm not sure it really can go up, I think this was probably the starting price with him willing to negotiate, but now with Polak deal it's probably a final price until at least TDL day.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The longer Bergevin waits, the more he'll get for him. Ideally I'd like to see

To FLA

Plekanec+Weise

To MTL

Crouse+2nd

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Weise is on pace for 20 goals and is a proven playoff performer.

Winnik fetched a 2nd a 4th last season. We'll probably get the same kind of deal.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Weise is on pace for 20 goals and is a proven playoff performer.

Winnik fetched a 2nd a 4th last season. We'll probably get the same kind of deal.

Well if 10 pts in 34 playoff games is proven performance does that put everybody in the .300 PPG range in the same category?

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Well if 10 pts in 34 playoff games is proven performance does that put everybody in the .300 PPG range in the same category?

Oh well, didn't check the stats but I would've thought he was better than that, he seemed to score a lot of clutch goals for us.

I still think he'll get that kind of return though.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I really like Weise..love guys who want to be here and bleed for the CH...but if he's looking for 3 mill, he has to go...

habs need to follow Chicago model and load up top 6...
give stamkos his 11 million...
stamkos, gally, chucky, patches and that high pick would be a sick foundation...
bottom 6 can be filled in with cheap young players and bargains (marc's fave)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad