Confirmed with Link: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2019 2nd (Cond 1st*,) & 2020 3rd (Cond 1st**)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah my instinctual reaction is disappointment. I hope we get a first out of it, but if we don't I think 2nd+Rykov was the better return/

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
MUCH better than originally thought. I'm very okay with this.

Same. I rescind my F minus. Sorry Gorts; no hard feelings.

But I still can’t believe this was the best available return. I don’t think Gorts is dumb. Sometimes you’re just a victim of circumstance and a crappy market.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Mediocre trade- also goes to show us all how overrated Zuch is in New York! I love the guy but the rest of the league does not!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The established ask for zucc was a 2nd and a prospect...the rangers essentially got that if you assume they can get a halfway decent prospect with a 3rd...and they got conditions attached which can turn it into 2 firsts.

Worst case scenario it's an ok trade...if any of the conditions hit, it's a home run.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Conditions makes this much better and it's clear that we overvalued Zucc because we love him. Hayes was always going for the higher return.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Gorton essentially put the ball in Nill's court.

Gorton: ...Okay, but that third becomes a first if you re-sign him.
Nill off the phone: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nill on the phone: What? Oh yeah, sure sure. Third becomes a first IF we re-sign him.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's actually not... It's actually really great I'm home.

There are 4 possible outcomes albeit not equally likely.

Rangers get a 2nd and a 3rd
Rangers get a 1st and a 2nd
Rangers get a 1st and a 3rd
Rangers get a 1st and a 1st

That's an amazing trade imho.

Honestly the only likely scenarios or a 1 and 1 or 2 and 3.

Dallas isnt going to resign him if they get booted in the 1st round or dont make the playoffs. I think they blow it up.

If they go deep I could see Zucc resigning.

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
I thought the Hayes return was going to be lower than expected, because I could see coaches knowing that what he brings will vary widely based on chemistry, and he may not hit it off as a producer in this playoffs.

But I thought Zuccy would net a decent haul, considering he brings a very steady game regardless of who he plays with, and has a style that is beneficial shift after shift, score-card or not.

This could be a really ugly deadline for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad