Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Nils Lundkvist for 1st 2023 top 10 Protected + Cond. 2025 3rd

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Nils wasn't gonna get the playing time behind fox and trouba. Pleased they got a first for him. Hope he does well in Dallas. Maybe it works out for both teams.
They should've kept him, you don't trade away top 4 d-men just like that. Trouba won't last forever.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Kept him for what? To rot away in the minors until Trouba's contract is up in 4 years? He already requested a trade because he wanted to play in the NHL, and someone offered a 1st. You take that trade all day everyday.
Agreed, plus given the Rangers pedigree with young players, it’s not like he would’ve had the same success with them.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Who has more upside? Schneider or Lundkvist?

Upside is defintiely nils, thats why he was considered a blue chip prospect before last season. Great shot, great skater, good offensive sense. Schneider has a much higher floor, and with the upside the rangers have on the backend already Schneider fits better.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It's also a bit early to say Dallas won the trade before we know what the picks turn into.
When did I say Dallas won the trade? Just stating how impressive Nils has been, and how comical the initial reaction was when the trade first went down.

1st round picks have always been over valued on HF.

As others have stated, both team did well and both organizations should be content with their return right now

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
When did I say Dallas won the trade? Just stating how impressive Nils has been, and how comical the initial reaction was when the trade first went down.

1st round picks have always been over valued on HF.

As others have stated, both team did well and both organizations should be content with their return right now

That's how I interpreted:
Classic HF quickly crowning NYR the winners due to yet again, overrating a 1st round pick.

We'll know the "winners" in like 5 years but Dallas do seem to have gotten a great player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
False. Jones is exempt from waivers. Sending him down clears his cap hit and allows us to bank more cap space.

But if anyone gets sent down, it's probably not Jones.
bold = true dat
but I was comin from a dif perspective

I think once his value is high enuf, as soon as possible they should trade him and bite the bullet w/growing pains and get Robertson, who has played with Schneider, as a pair, developing chemistry.

We don't have an immediate cap issue but we need to get it asap so we can extend the young core.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That's how I interpreted:

We'll know the "winners" in like 5 years but Dallas do seem to have gotten a great player.
A good player.

Great? No, not yet. We’ll see, he could be, but lets wait a year or two because he isnt that now.

But this is one of those trades Rangers dont mind. They had to do it. They got a HUGE haul for it, much more than anymone thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad