Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Nils Lundkvist for 1st 2023 top 10 Protected + Cond. 2025 3rd

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
If we are truly honest and endeavor to be accurate, then no I was not wrong.
What I actually said was:
- some thought he was 4C material, I said in a vacuum he is 3C material w/2C upside
-however, I also said, NOT in a vacuum, on paper he has extraordinary fit w/Kreider and righty shot Zib, who could/should be moved to 1RW.
I amplified this further saying:
one model for a successful line =
driver of play (here Kreider) + facilitator (Nieves) + finisher/scorer (Zib)

I said therefore, in the limited and restricted context of the above only, yes Boo could = de facto 1C b'c both Kreider and Zib were and are still clearly first liners. I took pains to emphasize that 1C status was conditional as to that line.

Rangers stupidly did not listen to me, and played Nieves w/McCloud types who were ok for defensive play but a black hole offensively. On two or three busted plays where Boo wound up w/Kreider, he looked good 'carrying the mail' to enable a score.

You and the self proclaimed 'Boo Nieves truther' [like the so called Moral Majority being neither moral nor a majority] like to selectively retell this tale out of context, in an attempt to make me look bad. But once the full truth is recalled, you are the ones who are disgraced.

I will never allow your false representations to remain uncontested.
It is the price of vigilance.

As explained above.

I will not succumb to the efforts of those who want submission to a herd mentality.
bern will continue to champion free speech and competition of ideas.
Don't like it?
Insert clip from the film where Jack N says "you can't handle the truth".

Good ultimately prevails over evil.
Truth eventually conquers falsehoods.
My efforts to champion truth and free speech do not make me look bad, even if you, like those idiot election deniers, insist to the contrary; your representations are not based on truth.
You lose.

See immediately above post.

Your wait is over.

You were NEVER interested in Buchnevich?
Or Georgiev?
Maybe at different prices than what NY board thought it should be, but not all?
Me thinks otherwise.

Very busy this week and next. I'll try to reply by Halloween

Until then, you're wrong.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Ah', you're one of those.. Couldn't care less what was posted as you just wanted to get a laugh out of "no cups." Great chat. Now go away.
I originally came to this board under another name in April 2005. This buffoon rubs himself out to posting his passive aggressive Ranger hate and giggling about it on the Isles boards.

Ignore this clown.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There was once a guy on this site that thought Martin Skoula had more "puck poise" than prime Niklas Lidstrom. The Rangers board many years ago, like 2005, had a few guys that thought Petr Prucha was better than Sidney Crosby. There are at least two Leafs posters currently that think the playoffs don't matter that much because it's a smaller sample size than the regular season. There's a Habs troll that thinks that Slafkovsky might be better than Auston Matthews in 3 years.

This site has a long, storied history of buffoonery. I don't think bern even cracks the surface tbh.
Thank you.
As the saying goes, I may disagree with what you [the figurative you] are saying, but I will support your right to say it --- provided it is accurate, not out of context, not malicious, slander, etc etc.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Thank you.
As the saying goes, I may disagree with what you [the figurative you] are saying, but I will support your right to say it --- provided it is accurate, not out of context, not malicious, slander, etc etc.
I have no problem with you at all tbh.

I disagree with you about a ton of things but you genuinely and passionately care about your team and this sport, and you don't say things with the deliberate attempt to troll or anything, you're just speaking your mind. You're very emotionally invested in the Rangers and it clouds your judgment in my opinion, but you don't do it out of malice or shitposting or anything, you do it out of love for your team.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I have no problem with you at all tbh.

I disagree with you about a ton of things but you genuinely and passionately care about your team and this sport, and you don't say things with the deliberate attempt to troll or anything, you're just speaking your mind. You're very emotionally invested in the Rangers and it clouds your judgment in my opinion, but you don't do it out of malice or shitposting or anything, you do it out of love for your team.
Agree w/this verbatim, except to assert how much of the judgment of any of us clouded, that question answered by how accurately/meritoriously we qualify our proposals.

I'm not better than anyone else, nor am I inferior, I just insist we pay attention to the details, and judge accordingly based on accuracy.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This thread's going to be on the first page all damn season if you Rangers fans can't stop bickering. :laugh:
Fear not, it will stop soon enuf.
It's just that, and I guess this is on every board, that every once in a while a coupla guys gotta deal w/the disrespectful nonsense they spew, until they get called for it.
Then they are told, and remember
better to be pissed off than to be pissed on

Hopefully this will subdue things, for at least a while.

On an unrelated aside, that is a kick ass avatar you've been sporting for a coupla yrs.
kudos
tell it like it is....

Reactions: Dr Pepper

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
In post 568, I said to @FoxysExpensiveNYDigs :
"
Again, something taken out of context.
When Girardi was about to completely lose his wheels due to Torts having excessive shot blocking, and we were juggling for cap, I advocated something around Girardi + Chara as principals. I think at the time, Chara was more $ but less term. It was properly asked, we got Staal, we got this one, the other one, where does another LD fit?
I said let's be creative and think outside the box, put Chara at 4LW; less skating demands than a D.
I was correct and stand by the remark.
You however, again, choose to try to make me look bad by taking it out of context.

You are exposed, pummeled into intellectual submission, and get to go to the penalty box for 2 minutes of shame."

His sole reply was: the ha ha icon.

You went there b'c you got nothing.
When push comes to shove, you are obviously demonstrating yourself incapable of articulating any kind of informed rebuttal to the factually true assertions I proffered.

Evil always retreats when forcibly confronted by good.
Disingenuous misrepresentation surrenders and is undone in the light of truth.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
In post 568, I said to @FoxysExpensiveNYDigs :
"
Again, something taken out of context.
When Girardi was about to completely lose his wheels due to Torts having excessive shot blocking, and we were juggling for cap, I advocated something around Girardi + Chara as principals. I think at the time, Chara was more $ but less term. It was properly asked, we got Staal, we got this one, the other one, where does another LD fit?
I said let's be creative and think outside the box, put Chara at 4LW; less skating demands than a D.
I was correct and stand by the remark.
You however, again, choose to try to make me look bad by taking it out of context.

You are exposed, pummeled into intellectual submission, and get to go to the penalty box for 2 minutes of shame."

His sole reply was: the ha ha icon.

You went there b'c you got nothing.
When push comes to shove, you are obviously demonstrating yourself incapable of articulating any kind of informed rebuttal to the factually true assertions I proffered.

Evil always retreats when forcibly confronted by good.
Disingenuous misrepresentation surrenders and is undone in the light of truth.

Stop trolling dude, you're always wrong with your non sense.

Declaring yourself correct doesn't change that, but that's the world we live in today.

Even if you lose, just pretend you won.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
- some thought he was 4C material, I said in a vacuum he is 3C material w/2C upside
-however, I also said, NOT in a vacuum, on paper he has extraordinary fit w/Kreider and righty shot Zib, who could/should be moved to 1RW.

I said therefore, in the limited and restricted context of the above only, yes Boo could = de facto 1C b'c both Kreider and Zib were and are still clearly first liners. I took pains to emphasize that 1C status was conditional as to that line.

Rangers stupidly did not listen to me, and played Nieves w/McCloud types who were ok for defensive play but a black hole offensively. On two or three busted plays where Boo wound up w/Kreider, he looked good 'carrying the mail' to enable a score.

You and the self proclaimed 'Boo Nieves truther' [like the so called Moral Majority being neither moral nor a majority] like to selectively retell this tale out of context, in an attempt to make me look bad. But once the full truth is recalled, you are the ones who are disgraced.

As explained above.

I will not succumb to the efforts of those who want submission to a herd mentality.
Don't like it?

My efforts to champion truth and free speech do not make me look bad, even if you, like those idiot election deniers, insist to the contrary; your representations are not based on truth.
You lose.

Your wait is over.

Or Georgiev?
Me thinks otherwise.
This might be favorite post of your ever, not enough spirited Boo Nieves defending on the trade boards.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

As explained above.

Don't like it?

You lose.

Your wait is over.

Or Georgiev?
Me thinks otherwise.
You are right about what you said about Boo's fit on a line but not really a 1C etc.

But your plan was also to run Boo, Hayes, Chytil down the middle. That is, as Shaq would say "Horriawful". A pretty bad overvaluation of the players involved.

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What's his place in the lineup after preseason. 1st with Heiskanen, 2nd or 3rd pairing?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Stop trolling dude, you're always wrong with your non sense.

Declaring yourself correct doesn't change that, but that's the world we live in today.

Even if you lose, just pretend you won.
1. I am not trolling. Notwithstanding that only God is absolute, truth is an absolute defense for any charge. I have spoken the truth, hence ....
2. I am not always wrong, but only wrong if I am incorrect on the facts/merits, which is not the case in this instance. As to...
3 "Declaring yourself correct" again, truth prevails, and for that reason...
4 [same] "doesn't change that" is erroneous because there is nothing to change.
5 Your last sentence suggests capitulation without justification. So no, never.

You are again repudiated, on the merits and facts.

This might be favorite post of your ever, not enough spirited Boo Nieves defending on the trade boards.
so, more Boo and not just on Halloween is whatcha sayin?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You are right about what you said about Boo's fit on a line but not really a 1C etc.

But your plan was also to run Boo, Hayes, Chytil down the middle. That is, as Shaq would say "Horriawful". A pretty bad overvaluation of the players involved.
Appreciate you speakin the truth on the bold.
I was flexible about Hayes and we had slim pickings at the time.
Chytil is another one I was properly high on as to being undervalued in part b'c not correctly developed.

There are always exceptions to the rule, but it appears most guys are not {fully] productive in a vacuum, they need proper linemates.
Chytil has demonstrated he can be an important, productive cog, but he needs a finishing scorer [damn that we let Vatrano go] and a correct W, atm either Kakko or Gauthier will do.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Appreciate you speakin the truth on the bold.
I was flexible about Hayes and we had slim pickings at the time.
Chytil is another one I was properly high on as to being undervalued in part b'c not correctly developed.

There are always exceptions to the rule, but it appears most guys are not {fully] productive in a vacuum, they need proper linemates.
Chytil has demonstrated he can be an important, productive cog, but he needs a finishing scorer [damn that we let Vatrano go] and a correct W, atm either Kakko or Gauthier will do.
I will also give you credit for over valuing prospects/players you want to keep, not just the ones you want to trade.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I will also give you credit for over valuing prospects/players you want to keep, not just the ones you want to trade.
don't believe I overvalue as much as others say, but I admit I am likely consistent in that to whatever extent, a lot or a little, that I overvalue, I do so across the board, with a few noticeable exceptions either direction. For example, I always that Lias was overrated, and he proved to be a no talent bum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad