New York Islanders: Dal Colle signs a two year deal; Ho-Sang signs a one year deal

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The stars are aligning for Ho-Sang to make the team. What an opportunity he has. The need for a top 6 scorer remains. A hole up front created by Filppula's departure also remains. He can't be sent down... If he screws this up, man, it's ALL on him.

The other thought is that perhaps he’s not skilled/smart enough to play in the top 6, nor defensive minded/physical for the bottom 6. So yeah, that’s on him, but not his character per se.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
While playing on the 3rd line with brick hands uncle leo. MDC played 2 games in a top 6 roll and had 1 min total of PP time.

Here are the highlights of all his offense from last season AHL/NHL.
To say he can't get 15 goals next year is just ridiculous.

AHL 34games Played 18goals 16Assists 34 Total points was an AHL all star. (top line and PP minutes, 3 on 3 OT as well)

NHL: 28GPs: 3goals 4A 7Points (3rd line minutes mainly with brick hands uncle leo on the NHLS most defensive minded team with struggling offense).

To say he can't score 15 goals next season is crazy. Than to discredit his goals in the NHL last year "Oh they went off his butt". I guess Anders Lee and Mark Parrish are / were cans. They make a living in front of the net with clean up goals.

I see a guy who is slow to get his shot off. To say he gets 15 goals in the NHL seems like a big stretch. I am not watching the highlight reel, I saw his NHL goals and could care less about the AHL highlights. He looks like a bottom six guy with limited upside.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
I see a guy who is slow to get his shot off. To say he gets 15 goals in the NHL seems like a big stretch. I am not watching the highlight reel, I saw his NHL goals and could care less about the AHL highlights. He looks like a bottom six guy with limited upside.

Yea because you've only seen him playing in a 3rd / 4th line roll with the isles lol. Makes sense you'd only see a bottom six guy. You refuse to watch the highlights of him on the PP and 3 on 3. You haven't watched him shift by shift in the AHL. This is laughable. I appreciate the chuckle.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yea because you've only seen him playing in a 3rd / 4th line roll with the isles lol. Makes sense you'd only see a bottom six guy. You refuse to watch the highlights of him on the PP and 3 on 3. You haven't watched him shift by shift in the AHL. This is laughable. I appreciate the chuckle.

You do know that players who play on the third line are able to play well enough that people want them on the second or first line, right? He was a responsible third liner who didn't do anything beyond average during his stretch with the Islanders. His playmaking was non-existent, he didn't get his shot off ever, and he isn't fast. There was absolutely nothing he did that warrants him being in the top 6. With someone like Ho-Sang, when he's on the third line he's still dynamic and a great passer. That doesn't just disappear because he's on the third line.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
No, he saw him play in the NHL. Why does he need to watch clips from a league he doesn't care about?

Because he saw him play in a very limited roll with the isles. 95% of the time on the 3rd line. Only 1.5 games in a top 6 roll. Yet he refuses to watch him on the PP, 3-3 and on more of a scoring roll in A. Where he was a PPG player / AHL all star and a plus player. It's the laziest method of trying to develop an opinion. Uninformed and willingly refuses to see another side to his game.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Because he saw him play in a very limited roll with the isles. 95% of the time on the 3rd line. Only 1.5 games in a top 6 roll. Yet he refuses to watch him on the PP, 3-3 and on more of a scoring roll in A. Where he was a PPG player / AHL all star and a plus player. It's the laziest method of trying to develop an opinion. Uniformed and willingly refuses to see another side to his game.

Dal Colle is on the slower side and won't play 3 on 3 in the NHL, looking at that is pointless. Maybe he should demonstrate the parts of his game that you love so much in the NHL and then we can evaluate.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Dal Colle is on the slower side and won't play 3 on 3 in the NHL, looking at that is pointless. Maybe he should demonstrate the parts of his game that you love so much in the NHL and then we can evaluate.

How would you know he's slow 3-3? You refuse to watch the video lol! I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously when you openly admit you refuse to look at available information. You'd make a great NYC state prosecutor with your ability to ignore real information with such confidence.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How would you know he's slow 3-3? You refuse to watch the video lol! I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously when you openly admit you refuse to look at available information. You'd make a great NYC state prosecutor with your ability to ignore real information with such confidence.

I didn't say I didn't look at him, and there's no such thing as slow in 5 on 5 but fast in 3 on 3. You're either fast or you aren't. Are you suggesting Dal Colle is fast? We watched him play 28 games in the NHL and he was never fast, never got his shot off, didn't make plays, and didn't hit people, but we're supposed to trust your opinion of him because you watched him in an inferior league more times than we did? If he's so good, why is he relying so heavily on others to make any type of stand out play?

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Because he saw him play in a very limited roll with the isles. 95% of the time on the 3rd line. Only 1.5 games in a top 6 roll. Yet he refuses to watch him on the PP, 3-3 and on more of a scoring roll in A. Where he was a PPG player / AHL all star and a plus player. It's the laziest method of trying to develop an opinion. Uninformed and willingly refuses to see another side to his game.
If it bugs you that much, I will watch his highlight reel. I guess you think he is the key to fixing our PP.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Saw the reel. Still see a fringe third line guy who is only here because he is inexpensive. Shift by shift in the AHL would be torture, I prefer to watch big league hockey.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
If it bugs you that much, I will watch his highlight reel. I guess you think he is the key to fixing our PP.

It doesn't bug me at all. If you watch the video, don't watch the video that's up to you. I just don't get how you're willing to ignore real data and video evidence of him crushing it at a PPG pace in the A. That I can't comprehend. "I know I only say him play a 3rd line role in the NHL, so therefor he must only be a 3rd liner". It reminds me of everyone that said "Simon Holmstrom who? Horrible pick!" 100% of those people never saw him play.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Yea because you didn't watch with a predetermined opinion. Double thumbs up.
On the contrary, DalGoal(LOL!) was a high first round draft pick. As the years have passed, his expectations have fallen to the point where he looks like a third liner. I saw a bunch of minor league defenders, he does not look special at all.
I hope he proves me wrong, but...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad