New York Islanders: Dal Colle signs a two year deal; Ho-Sang signs a one year deal

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Saw that multi year deal for Dal Colle coming. Want Beau signed, let's see what happens in camp with everyone.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
This is fine. Still don't think MDC is a legit NHLer at all, but I assume it's a cheap deal. JHS... man, we know he's got skill and potential, but prove it already!

SI

Feb 16, 2013
My guess would be one way for both - 85k one way for JHS and 2 year < 1 million aav - also one way deal.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Dal Colle is going to turn a lot of heads this season. Can't wait.

As for JHS, hope for the best. I hope he changed his mindset this summer.

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
Dal Colle is going to turn a lot of heads this season. Can't wait.

As for JHS, hope for the best. I hope he changed his mindset this summer.
I hope youre right about Dal Colle but he certainly has a way to go before he becomes a NHL regular. He shocked us with his improvement last year so I guess you never know. ‍♂️

Reactions: DalGoal4Cups

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Exactly.

The real question is...How much longer are we going to be ok asking that question?

My only real hope at the moment is that Ho-Sang isn't simply lost on waivers along the way... for nothing.

This franchise always finds ways to see guys leave... for nothing.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
JHS signing his QO is the only way this was going to happen. He now sets himself up to either make the team or move on by being claimed at his low salary. Either way, it works for him.

Reactions: dano16

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
JHS signing his QO is the only way this was going to happen. He now sets himself up to either make the team or move on by being claimed at his low salary. Either way, it works for him.

Or Lou magically turns him into Puljujarvi or Guryanov or a player of a similar ilk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treebeard

crasherino

May 9, 2013
My only real hope at the moment is that Ho-Sang isn't simply lost on waivers along the way... for nothing.

This franchise always finds ways to see guys leave... for nothing.
He'll stay on the roster until we get to the point that he isn't contributing and the team absolutely needs the roster spot. When (and if - hopefully it doesn't) that time comes depends on a lot of variables. But you have to think that he's a lock to make the opening night roster. I doubt the team is ready to fully give up on him, and putting him on waivers means he's a goner. There will always be a team ready to take a flier on a guy with that much potential for that low a price.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
But you have to think that he's a lock to make the opening night roster.

I don't think there's a lock at all. Assuming that Clutterbuck isn't really right to start the year (which I don't expect he will be) there will be a spot. But if he has a camp like last year's he's a goner IMO.

Reactions: Treebeard

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Perfect. Excited to see if these boys can elevate this year. I think DC can hit 15 goals this year, double last year's pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad