News: Dal Colle not qualified

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
What does MDC do well?

He actually turned into a good forechecker and was solid at winning puck battles along the boards. Competent effort on defense.

He was known for having a shot in juniors, that completely disappeared at the pro level. Handles the puck like it’s a grenade. Was set back by injuries this year.

He might still make it as fourth liner still. But his game will never be about offense.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
No joke he’s gotten maybe 20 clear shots at the goalie in his entire career. Almost never in a position to utilize his heavy shot. Solid defensively and decent forechecker though.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Florida should get on it. Get their fourth top 5 picks from 2014.

Those are some gnarly numbers in the NHL. Is his skating still the main issue?
Yes.

And he's improved his skating considerably from the beginning. That's how bad his skating was/is. HW went from completely horrible to just a weak spot.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Just fill up from the whole first round
Michael Dal Colle, Jake Virtanen, Nick Ritchie, Brendan Perlini, Julius Honka, Anthony DeAngelo, Conner Bleackley, Nikita Scherbak, Nikolay Goldobin, Josh Ho-Sang, and John Quenneville are UFAs this summer!

Last edited:
Reactions: KristichBabych

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Just fill up from the whole first round
Michael Dal Colle, Jake Virtanen, Nick Ritchie, Brendan Perlini, Julius Honka Anthony DeAngelo, Conner Bleackley, Nikita Scherbak, Nikolay Goldobin, Josh Ho-Sang, and John Quenneville are UFAs this summer!
2014 was not a good draft year, that is for sure. Maybe Seattle wants to take a crack at one or two of these players. There are a few that are probably as good as some of the players that Seattle took in the expansion draft.

Reactions: uncleben

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Everything is the issue. It's like he's made of rubber and anything he touches (or touches him) he bounces off of the wrong way.

God bless him. Wish him the best, but he's not an NHL player. If he wasn't a high 1st round draft pick we wouldn't be talking about him.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
What does MDC do well?
I've heard he's a great cook. As far as hockey, I haven't found a damn thing. He's halfway decent at skating slowly and aimlessly around the rink. I'm pretty sure he never scored a goal by shooting. Glad I don't have to watch him plunder about the rink for the Isles anymore.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Don't know much about his recent play but it doesn't look good that he couldn't cut it in a Trotz system

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad