Signing(s): Dak Prescott re-signs with the Cowboys (4 years, $160 million)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
42M a year for a guy that is, what, an above average starter?

I mean, he is a good player, but he is not worth that kind of cap allocation. 22M this year is fine though!
That's the thing. Crazy NFL contract math has Dak costing quite a bit less this upcoming season than he did last year on the franchise tag. His 2021 cap hit is $22.5 million. That's a low number as QBs go. His cap hit grows in future seasons, but the cap itself is about to explode.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m not optimistic about the Cowboys, but that’s only because I’m not sure how healthy their o-line will be and because their defense will still be pretty awful thanks to whiffing on a number of defensive draft picks.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m not optimistic about the Cowboys, but that’s only because I’m not sure how healthy their o-line will be and because their defense will still be pretty awful thanks to whiffing on a number of defensive draft picks.

I think the Draft is going to shape up this D. I’m totally expecting a CB at pick #10, and either a bounce back season from LVE or Jaylon Smith (or the latter being released). I think the Draft/cap space this summer will be used to fix the D...don’t even touch the offense it’s fine.

I’m optimistic about the O-line injury situation. It can’t possibly be as bad as last year, which finally looked okay when they moved Martin to RG.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think the Draft is going to shape up this D. I’m totally expecting a CB at pick #10, and either a bounce back season from LVE or Jaylon Smith (or the latter being released). I think the Draft/cap space this summer will be used to fix the D...don’t even touch the offense it’s fine.

I’m optimistic about the O-line injury situation. It can’t possibly be as bad as last year, which finally looked okay when they moved Martin to RG.
Tyron Smith and Collins may be healthy to start the season, but I worry about Tyron Smith. He's had to miss time with injury each of the last five seasons, and now he's 30.

The defense also needs a lot of help. I wouldn't count on LVE. They drafted an injury prone LB, and that's what he's been. He wasn't even good when playing last season. And yeah, they need to get away from Jaylon Smith. He is a mess. Add to that having no safeties, and the holes are too many to fix with one draft.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Great move by Dallas.

Signed,
NFC East rival fans.
The same teams that employ Daniel Jones, Jalen Hurts and whoever the f*** Washington decides to play? Its kinda funny cause outside of one offs, the last decade, the cowboys have essentially had the best starting QB in the division, but worst management/coaching.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
a team hasn't really won a super bowl with a high paid QB and i don't trust Jerry's son to build a good team around him, so we will fail even if he puts up MVP like numbers (essentially what he was doing before getting hurt last year). But Dak is at worst a 5-7 QB in the league. Only dudes i'd take for sure are Arod/Mahomes/Watson/Wilson. Also Lamar/Allen/Baker gotta get signed soon, so he will probably drop the AAV chart after next offseason.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The same teams that employ Daniel Jones, Jalen Hurts and whoever the f*** Washington decides to play? Its kinda funny cause outside of one offs, the last decade, the cowboys have essentially had the best starting QB in the division, but worst management/coaching.
You guys used to have the best OL to cover for your mediocre QBs.

Dak's about learn what getting hit means in the near future.
And his Robin E-grease-iel is still downing cakes and white powder way too much these days.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

And his Robin E-grease-iel is still downing cakes and white powder way too much these days.
Uhhhhh for the better part of Romo's career the oline was pretty ass.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The “best offensive line” thing hasn’t really been true since Dak’s rookie year.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Is he overpaid? Of course. Most athletes are overpaid. In the grand scheme of things.

But look at what Watson got. There's not a strong case to say Watson is better than Dak. They are about even.

I'd take him before Mayfield, Jackson, Allen, and he's about even with Watson.

Only QB's I have ahead of Dak:

Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson

Dak is the type of QB you win SB's with. His leadership. Work ethic. And passion is unmatched.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Is he overpaid? Of course. Most athletes are overpaid. In the grand scheme of things.

But look at what Watson got. There's not a strong case to say Watson is better than Dak. They are about even.

Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson

Dak is the type of QB you win SB's with. His leadership. Work ethic. And passion is unmatched.

You would take Dak over Josh Allen?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson

Dak Prescott is not a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Cowboys went 6-10 in the weakest division in NFL history so instead of improving their team they make their old QB Dak one of the highest paid players in history. The Chiefs get crushed in the SB, because of OL injuries so they cut their 2 starting OTs who protect Mahomes. Compared to these 2 moves it's difficult for me to criticize anything.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Cowboys went 6-10 in the weakest division in NFL history so instead of improving their team they make their old QB Dak one of the highest paid players in history. The Chiefs get crushed in the SB, because of OL injuries so they cut their 2 starting OTs who protect Mahomes. Compared to these 2 moves it's difficult for me to criticize anything.
Bringing Dak back is an improvement over the team that went 6-10 last season.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

What is Robin e grease iel?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad