Signing(s): Dak Prescott re-signs with the Cowboys (4 years, $160 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No tag provision, no trade clause
Yikes. Means this is their guy. Scratch a destination off Wilson’s list. Down to 3.

man, this has to work cause that’s an insane dead cap charge if he wants to be moved later. That’s $16 mill of Annual signing bonus that gets prorated.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Dak is a franchise QB. Dallas had to bring him back. Cooper off the books after this season, Zeke might get cut or moved. Good signing

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's a lot of money on one guy who hasn't done much in the postseason, but I can't really give Dallas any crap for hanging onto him.
For all I know my team will be starting Geno Smith next year.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
He’s a great QB. That’s what QBs get paid in this league. Wait until these other young stud QBs get paid. It’s going to make this look like a deal.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I’m skeptical Dak is the difference maker you want a top paid QB to be, but understand Dallas is in a difficult situation where even obtaining an average starting QB isn’t a guarantee via draft or free agency. It’s just how the QB money works these days.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Tom Brady has completely broken the brains of NFL fans. Who gives a shit if Brady took discounted contracts? What does that have to do with anything?

Reactions: Voight

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
By the way, the Cowboys manipulated the cap by technically signing Dak to a 6 year deal. His cap hit for this season is only $22M

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
It’s just adds absolutely nothing to throw “what about Tom Brady” into any thread about a QB’s contract.
In reality, all Brady jokes aside, the 2021 NFL year is all about money. With a reduced cap, teams are going to have to get very creative to keep their impact players let alone sign free agents. And a bunch of teams, like the Cowboys, are going to be pushing their troubles a year or two down the road.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->