Signing(s): Dak Prescott re-signs with the Cowboys (4 years, $160 million)

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
good, somebody else saw it, I thought I might have had a stroke
I just saw it after a nap, through hazy eyes. That musta helped kick it loose. He’s saying if dak is Batman, he has a Robin, and that Robin is ezekiel elliot. Is elliot fat now? “Grease”

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
The Cowboys scoring offense was 5th in 2019 and 1st when he was healthy in 2020, as well as Dak being crazy efficient in individual metrics and passing the eye test, one of the most underrated deep balls in the game, very accurate too. Dallas would have been idiotic to not sign him.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
The Cowboys scoring offense was 5th in 2019 and 1st when he was healthy in 2020, as well as Dak being crazy efficient in individual metrics and passing the eye test, one of the most underrated deep balls in the game, very accurate too. Dallas would have been idiotic to not sign him.
Yep the failures of Dallas have been on draft/signings. Signing Jaylon Smith/Zeke before Dak. you probably get Dak 10m cheaper. Signing Jaylon/Zeke over Byron Jones. and my favourite, drafting Taco Charlton over TJ Watt because Rod like the fact he played with his hand in the dirt.

Reactions: Dr Salt

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yep the failures of Dallas have been on draft/signings. Signing Jaylon Smith/Zeke before Dak. you probably get Dak 10m cheaper. Signing Jaylon/Zeke over Byron Jones. and my favourite, drafting Taco Charlton over TJ Watt because Rod like the fact he played with his hand in the dirt.
Also trading a first rounders for Cooper, paying Cooper, and then still drafting another WR with a first rounder.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Also trading a first rounders for Cooper, paying Cooper, and then still drafting another WR with a first rounder.
All of the defenders in that range like Chaisson were bad, and my best corner left on the board by the Lamb pick was literally Trevon Diggs.... the literal second-round pick. Lamb was a pick of very noticeable circumstances being easy BPA and lack of defensive talent on the board. Couple the fact you can't anticipate that situation when you are re-signing Cooper. But neither were the real mistakes. Jerry Jones gave Zeke and Jaylon, two players who have disappeared since, contracts over Byron Jones.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Lamb is going to be a superstar and was, by far, the BPA. Cooper has also been worth that 1st round pick. Dallas had very little in terms of WR before they came along...just an over the hill Dez Bryant.

Reactions: fin8

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Still torn whether Cooper was worth it. Lamb is going to be a star.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Lamb is going to be a superstar and was, by far, the BPA. Cooper has also been worth that 1st round pick. Dallas had very little in terms of WR before they came along...just an over the hill Dez Bryant.
And if you stick to the BPA strategy, you can end up like the Cowboys who are now overloaded at WR with Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup all acquired with good draft picks three years in a row. They have three damn good WRs at the cost of being weaker elsewhere. That's why the whole best player available thing can really come back to bite you.

Still torn whether Cooper was worth it. Lamb is going to be a star.
Given what was paid both in terms of the pick and the cap space, it was going to be very hard for Cooper to be worth it. Trading a first rounder for a guy wanting to be one of the highest paid at his position causes double pain, especially if the guy turns out to be very good but not superstar special.

Reactions: darko

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
And if you stick to the BPA strategy, you can end up like the Cowboys who are now overloaded at WR with Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup all acquired with good draft picks three years in a row. They have three damn good WRs at the cost of being weaker elsewhere. That's why the whole best player available thing can really come back to bite you.

Given what was paid both in terms of the pick and the cap space, it was going to be very hard for Cooper to be worth it. Trading a first rounder for a guy wanting to be one of the highest paid at his position causes double pain, especially if the guy turns out to be very good but not superstar special.
Gallup was a third-round pick and Cooper was a first when both were considered in need and Lamb was picked when no defender was close to him in caliber and Trevon Diggs was way better in his rookie year than any corner picked R1 (yes Okudah will be better in the long run, but he had an AWFUL rookie year). Dallas' issue was in Zeke over Byron Jones.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Gallup was a third-round pick and Cooper was a first when both were considered in need and Lamb was picked when no defender was close to him in caliber and Trevon Diggs was way better in his rookie year than any corner picked R1 (yes Okudah will be better in the long run, but he had an AWFUL rookie year). Dallas' issue was in Zeke over Byron Jones.
Really? What is so special about Byron Jones? His contract is outrageous and he did absolutely nothing special for the Dolphins or the Cowboys. I think Zeke is over paid, but I also think he will have a bounce back year this coming season.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Really? What is so special about Byron Jones? His contract is outrageous and he did absolutely nothing special for the Dolphins or the Cowboys. I think Zeke is over paid, but I also think he will have a bounce back year this coming season.
He was very very good in the Dallas defense, and his position is more important than Zeke's to the team.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yes Dak's stats looked good in his 5 games in 2020 but you have to take into account in 2 of those 5 games the Cowboys played the worst 2 pass defenses in the NFL. He'll play well this year but won't have the eye popping stats like last.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Yes Dak's stats looked good in his 5 games in 2020 but you have to take into account in 2 of those 5 games the Cowboys played the worst 2 pass defenses in the NFL. He'll play well this year but won't have the eye popping stats like last.
That would be extremely difficult for any QB to have those kinda stats throughout the season. It’s not just about stats though. Its his leadership, the respect he has with his teammates and throughout the league, his character outside of football. There are only a few QBs that have all that quality about them, and he’s one of them. We shall see what happens and how he performs.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
That would be extremely difficult for any QB to have those kinda stats throughout the season. It’s not just about stats though. Its his leadership, the respect he has with his teammates and throughout the league, his character outside of football. There are only a few QBs that have all that quality about them, and he’s one of them. We shall see what happens and how he performs.
Has an argument for best work ethic among NFL players rn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad