Dahlin taking over

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Exactly. I hope he puts on 10 pounds of muscle over the summer. And 10 pounds of muscle the following summer. Train with Risto or Jack. :thumbu:

Myers did that and his play suffered until he lost the weight about halfway through the season. His speed was gone

Whatever Dahlin does, his training needs to improve his skating speed and his shooting accuracy

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Myers did that and his play suffered until he lost the weight about halfway through the season. His speed was gone

Whatever Dahlin does, his training needs to improve his skating speed and his shooting accuracy

Myers is a 6-8 defenseman who plays like Scott Niedermeyer, but was being coached to play like Pronger. And he was asked to bulk up accordingly.

Dahlin is a 6-3 defenseman who plays like a Karlsson/Lidstrom cross. He being asked to be that type of defenseman. He's going to be asked to add muscle which improves the pushes on his strides, and improve velocity on his shot. As well as continue his current level of physical play.

There's not much of a comparison.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

You are still pushing if Dahlin puts on 5 lbs of muscle his speed will be gone?

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
You are still pushing if Dahlin puts on 5 lbs of muscle his speed will be gone?

Not entirely. Just saying it is something that should be monitored by the training staff if they do determine Dahlin needs to put on a bit more.

All I care about is him getting a bit faster. I don't care how he does it. Make him even more dynamic

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Not entirely. Just saying it is something that should be monitored by the training staff if they do determine Dahlin needs to put on a bit more.

All I care about is him getting a bit faster. I don't care how he does it. Make him even more dynamic
Putting on 10 pounds of muscle next year will improve his leg strength which will improve his quickness.Also it will improve his shot and his physicality.Over the next 2 years I hope he gains 10 pounds each year.Dahlin will be a defensive and offensive beat by age of 20..6'3 210 would be perfect

Reactions: Fearnot

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
bure.jpg

dahlin.jpg

The top is Pavel Bure, the bottom is Dahlin.

Which one is faster, and which one has more muscle mass in their lower body? The answer to both questions is, by far, Pavel Bure

Nobody is asking Dahlin to eat his weight in twinkies or to come out of the offseason with Rod Brind'amour's upper body

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
That was his rookie year upper deck card, in which he refused to wear the Canucks jersey because he wasn't yet an official member of the Canucks because of legal reasons. So he was 20 years old.
Thanks for the info! Did you take a look at Bure’s picture on the back of the card? While clearly muscular and strong his legs are quite lean when standing.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t focus on adding mass to his lower body but let the weight come on naturally. No need to give him a goal of adding x amount of lbs in one off season.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It's pretty obvious Dahlin needs to add strength. He is a teenager. He will gain some speed and explosiveness as he matures. He also needs some more zip on his shot. I don't think he needs to focus strongly on bulking up, it'll come with regular training.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
It's pretty obvious Dahlin needs to add strength. He is a teenager. He will gain some speed and explosiveness as he matures. He also needs some more zip on his shot. I don't think he needs to focus strongly on bulking up, it'll come with regular training.
I don't think Dahlin tries to shoot hard. I never see him take a slap shot as hard as he can.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
You guys are in a pretty sweet spot if all Dahlin needs to do is steaks n weights this summer.

That is all, good day.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
The top is Pavel Bure, the bottom is Dahlin.

Which one is faster, and which one has more muscle mass in their lower body? The answer to both questions is, by far, Pavel Bure

Nobody is asking Dahlin to eat his weight in twinkies or to come out of the offseason with Rod Brind'amour's upper body

Pretty massive legs for a rookie. Bure was certainly a special player but I would have never thought he had legs like that. Impressive!

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I'm curious as to how his training regiment will change over the off season. Based on all reports he is a tireless worker. There are videos of him jumping up and down sand dunes. I'm sure with the Sabres training staff it will be focused on leg strength and nutrition. Dahlin has said repeatedly that his favorite food is steak so he is getting his protein. One of the benefits of having Jack as your captain is that he sets a great example on how to train. The Pegula's are expanding the Adpro Training Center that will be utilized by both clubs. Last I heard it should be completed by early 2019. I'm sure Dahlin will spend some time in Sweden, but I would like him to spend some time with our training staff.
No need to worry about the time he'll spend in Sweden. Frölunda's got among the best training facilities in Europe and a lot of NHLers that comes home during the summer trains there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad