Dahlin taking over

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Dahlin played 25:10 last night. I could be wrong but it is the first time he lead the team in minutes?

Has he taken over the number one spot? His play the last few games in the offensive zone and transition has been his best so far in his career. Has he become a number one defender already?

Thoughts?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not yet, but I’m okay with that. It’s good to see once in a while how much ice time he can take without inpacting the quality of his play too much.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I thought he's led the team in minutes once or twice before? Maybe?

Is he our #1 defenseman? I think it's still Risto, but Dahlin is steadily creeping up. By the start of next season, he will be.....and that's just fine.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
He's gonna be a Norris contender for years to come. Just enjoy what will be his worst performances of his career, cause it's all up from here.

Reactions: Heretic

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
There are plenty of things about Dahlin's game that blow me away. Nothing moreso than his confidence. At 18. EIGHTEEN. Even his mistakes this year have largely been a result of being TOO confident in the moment.

I think in a year or two's time, we'll be talking about him not only as the #1 d-man on the team, but as the #1 d-man on the planet.

And he's a Buffalo Sabre. Hell yes.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
There are plenty of things about Dahlin's game that blow me away. Nothing moreso than his confidence. At 18. EIGHTEEN. Even his mistakes this year have largely been a result of being TOO confident in the moment.

I think in a year or two's time, we'll be talking about him not only as the #1 d-man on the team, but as the #1 d-man on the planet.

#iceman

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Did McCabe play the right side last night?
Dahlin, Pilut and Scandella were on the left.

Can’t believe I miss Nelson. Haha

Dahlin - Bogo 25/26 minutes
McCabe - Risto 22 minutes
Pilut - Nelson 12/13 minutes

Keep one of Scandella, Beaulieu or Hunwick.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017

Will be fun to see his growth. Saw some last night on his one timer that almost took the goalies head off.

Needs to keep on improving that release time and accuracy.

Lord knows he'll be getting enough chances!

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
what I'd like to see him do in the offseason is what Myers should have done after his rookie season

1. Lose 5 lbs. This will make him a MUCH faster skater, making him even more dangerous in transition
2. Work on shooting accuracy. He needs to finish these prime chances he is receiving

Do not repeat history and turn a potentially elite puck rushing defenseman into a big bruiser

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Definitely not the first time he's led the team in minutes. There have been a few nights he's been our #1 already. He's f***ing 18. He's gonna be an absolute monster, in time. Aside from just his raw skill and ability to process the game, the kid just looks unflappable out there. No matter the game situation, no matter how his night has gone up until that point, he still plays with the same confidence and poise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasmi

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
He's getting there..he's not too far off...would have loved to see if get a point last night to get that 18y.o. defenseman point streal record

Reactions: debaser66

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
what I'd like to see him do in the offseason is what Myers should have done after his rookie season

1. Lose 5 lbs. This will make him a MUCH faster skater, making him even more dangerous in transition
2. Work on shooting accuracy. He needs to finish these prime chances he is receiving

Do not repeat history and turn a potentially elite puck rushing defenseman into a big bruiser

Lose 5 lbs???

He’s not missing a step because he is over weight, kid is listed at a 185 at 6’3”.

If he wants to build his speed and acceleration, a good chunk of his training will focus on lifting legs and sprints, etc.

Huge difference between turning a kid’s body into a man, and a 20 year old trying to put on 20 lbs in a year.

I bet Dahlin puts on 5-7 lbs, 2-3 kgs a year for the next three years or so.

Nice and steady.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Losing 5 lbs is not going to make him a MUCH faster skater. This isnt a video game where the thinner you get the faster you are. Come, on.

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Lose 5 lbs? What? no he should put on 10 pounds of muscle. That will make him a more powerful skater

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Losing 5 lbs is not going to make him a MUCH faster skater. This isnt a video game where the thinner you get the faster you are. Come, on.

I can say from running that even dropping a couple of pounds improves my times dramatically. Using the same amount of energy, you will go faster if you are lighter. Noticed that back when I could complete marathons

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I can say from running that even dropping a couple of pounds improves my times dramatically. Using the same amount of energy, you will go faster if you are lighter. Noticed that back when I could complete marathons

Running isn’t skating. I play and I’ve also run marathons. Two different training regiments.

Dahlin needs more power in his legs. Hes not getting that by losing weight.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Lose 5 lbs???

He’s not missing a step because he is over weight, kid is listed at a 185 at 6’3”.

If he wants to build his speed and acceleration, a good chunk of his training will focus on lifting legs and sprints, etc.

Huge difference between turning a kid’s body into a man, and a 20 year old trying to put on 20 lbs in a year.

I bet Dahlin puts on 5-7 lbs, 2-3 kgs a year for the next three years or so.

Nice and steady.

I'm curious as to how his training regiment will change over the off season. Based on all reports he is a tireless worker. There are videos of him jumping up and down sand dunes. I'm sure with the Sabres training staff it will be focused on leg strength and nutrition. Dahlin has said repeatedly that his favorite food is steak so he is getting his protein. One of the benefits of having Jack as your captain is that he sets a great example on how to train. The Pegula's are expanding the Adpro Training Center that will be utilized by both clubs. Last I heard it should be completed by early 2019. I'm sure Dahlin will spend some time in Sweden, but I would like him to spend some time with our training staff.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Lose 5 lbs? What? no he should put on 10 pounds of muscle. That will make him a more powerful skater

Running isn’t skating. I play and I’ve also run marathons. Two different training regiments.

Dahlin needs more power in his legs. Hes not getting that by losing weight.

Exactly. I hope he puts on 10 pounds of muscle over the summer. And 10 pounds of muscle the following summer. Train with Risto or Jack. :thumbu:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm curious as to how his training regiment will change over the off season. Based on all reports he is a tireless worker. There are videos of him jumping up and down sand dunes. I'm sure with the Sabres training staff it will be focused on leg strength and nutrition. Dahlin has said repeatedly that his favorite food is steak so he is getting his protein. One of the benefits of having Jack as your captain is that he sets a great example on how to train. The Pegula's are expanding the Adpro Training Center that will be utilized by both clubs. Last I heard it should be completed by early 2019. I'm sure Dahlin will spend some time in Sweden, but I would like him to spend some time with our training staff.

I’d rather see him try and get some training with McDavid. Just like Jack, Id rather see them surround themselves with the best in the league.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Losing 5lbs of fat and losing 5 lbs of muscle is two different things. Please don't compare Dahlin skating to your marathon running. They guy is already a stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad