Dahlin or Svechnikov

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Dahlin is already physically a man. He’s like Ekblad that way. I see Dahlin being what he is now for his career. Yes there will be a learning curve, which will definitely help him with his defensive game. But mostly he’s what we see now.
The more you post the more I can tell you’ve never seen Dahlin play. Dahlin is the size of a “man” but he’s like that big puppy learning to run on his full grown legs. Dahlin is nowhere near filled out or at full physical maturity. He’s still super skinny.

Also his compete level? Have you ever watched this kid come up the neutral zone?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Dahlin is already physically a man. He’s like Ekblad that way. I see Dahlin being what he is now for his career. Yes there will be a learning curve, which will definitely help him with his defensive game. But mostly he’s what we see now.
I expect him to be better and use his instincts more.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I still think it's Dahlin, but i also still wonder how much of an "all-around stud" he's ultimately going to be. The offensive part is there, but it's obviously there with Svechnikov too. Really comes down to how effective Dahlin can become as a shutdown defender, in addition to what he brings offensively. Jury is still out.

Winger is still always at a massive disadvantage though.

MO!

First Line Centre
Nov 12, 2006
You do realize Svetchnikov just had a 29g 74p season as a 19 year old eh? I think you assessment of him falls quite short of the mark

Wait and see I guess. Guys have great seasons all the time and never hit it again.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The people that say Svechnikov is currently better are being hypocritical.

Last year when people were suggesting that Svechnikov wasn't playing that well, they constantly claimed that he wasn't given a big enough role. Now, they don't seem to care about that. Svechnikov has a first line role on a great line, so role doesn't seem to matter to them anymore.

But if they were to be consistent, they should point out that Dahlin is one of the most misused players in the NHL. His coach is a complete moron, and doesn't play him anywhere near the minutes he should be playing.

I don't think you can blame Dahlin for his role. I didn't blame Svechnikov last year for his role.

Svechnikov played 16:44 this season as a winger and Dahlin played 19:18 as a defenseman. That seems pretty even relative to their positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad