Dahlin, Heiskanen, Hughes, Makar - next Generation of great D

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Did you miss the whole regular season? He had one of the best seasons ever by an 18 year old d-man. He has lived up to expectations if not exceeded them.

Unless you were one of the people expecting 50+ points by an 18 year old defenseman.

I mean in the long run.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
After Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Zubov, Pronger ecc in the late 90's and the beginning of the new millenium and the current stars like Karlsson, Doughty, Hedman ecc. it looks like the players mentioned above will be the future on the blue line.

That's a fantastic new generation of elite defensmen.

What are your thoughts about them?

Way to shoe-horn Hughes into that grouping.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
All I know is Heiskanen is an absolute dynamic beast. Losing that lottery was the best thing to happen to Dallas.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The young defence man that doesn't get talked about despite playing for an '06 franchise and playing in a rather hyped playoff series at the moment is Brandon Carlo. One of the best shutdown d-men in the NHL already.

Reactions: Estlin and maxbme

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Way too soon on this for most of those guys. I mean for a time in their early career many touted names such as Phaneuf and Myers as future Norris regulars. Let’s wait until they have a couple seasons under their belts before calling them the next wave of great D. Chances are there is a guy nobody is even talking about who will be at or near the top of the list in 5 years.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Jones>>>>>the rest imo

I think guys like dahlin will get there soon but atm he’s the best without a doubt for me

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Id love to hear how Hughes and his 5 NHL games and a good but not amazing draft +1 season puts him higher than Chabot/McAvoy who are #1D at the age of 21?

I'm a Canucks fan and there is no good answer to this question. Such ridiculous hyping. Waynias Gretterson can testify to how badly we hype our guys

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Heiskanen
Makar
Dahlin
Hughes
Chabot
Jones
McAvoy
Dumba
Byram?

Probably forgetting someone
Is Dumba actually that good? I don’t watch Min but he was one of the worst defenders to ever play for Canada at the world juniors

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Is Dumba actually that good? I don’t watch Min but he was one of the worst defenders to ever play for Canada at the world juniors

We have no complaints. He's a lot better defensively than his reputation and he finished top 20 in goals be defensemen this year even though he missed 50 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad